Audio CD burns but all tracks are only 3 sec long

I just downloaded v4.3.8.2560 and installed it on my new Dell desktop running Win 7. The device used to burn is TSST H653J.

I created a new disc to be burned that contained a bunch of FLAC files. Everything seemed to work smoothly - I was able to add all the files I wanted and when I clicked "Burn", I chose the max speed (48x) and I could hear the Audio CD being burned. However, the process finished very quickly (55 sec) and when I tried to play the new CD, all the tracks were on it, but they were only 3 seconds long.

I retried with a new CD media with a slower speed - this time too, I had the same problem, but the tracks were 4 secs each.

What am I doing wrong or is this a bug? Please help.

i feel your pain brother. have the same problem. still waiting for a solution from anyone. went back to roxio and burned cd with no problem. would like to use cdburnerxp because i was told it' s soooooo much better//

Guest friendship7

I too have had the problem attempting to burn from FLAC files. In the interest of not wasting more blank CDR's, can anyone tell me if the problems are limited to only attempting to burn from FLAC or is this version in trouble with other formats too?

Guest friendship7

After removing the suspect 4.3.8.2560 version, I downloaded version 2568 and it worked.

The latest version should work fine. StarBurn made a huge mistake with the latest release apparently, and I didn't notice before releasing CDBXP with the update.