Sign in to follow this  
Guest sonstwer

[C] Burning fails with Audio CD from FLAC

Guest sonstwer

Hi,

I tried to burn an Audio CD out of FLAC files. CDBurnerXP converts them correctly and starts burning. A whole CD is finished after some seconds (thats strange). After burning I tried to play it in CD Player and I can only hear the first 3 seconds of each track. Am I doing something wrong is this a bug?

Guest ptree

I just wasted a bunch of CDs too - same problem each track 3 seconds...anybody have a clue?

I guess it is just a bug which is unknown yet. I think we cannot do anything else than waiting for a new version in which this bug is fixed or install an older version in which this bug does not appear. I hope someone who is involved in programming this application reads it.

(Aside this bug I have to state that this is a brilliant program and I am very thankful that I have access to a very good free burning program)

I tried an older version (4.1.1.660): It works fine!

You get it in the archive on the offical page. There is a possibility to download older files.

Edit: Ok I was wrong. There is no such possibility.

Seems like the current StarBurn release is bugged. Please create an error log (http://cdburnerxp.se/help/kb/18) and post it, then downgrade to the previous release of CDBurnerXP (see all releases on http://download.cdburnerxp.se/).

I think I will need to release a new version of CDBurnerXP tomorrow with just StarBurn downgraded. Their QA does not seem to work very well.