Sign in to follow this  
gfgriffin

Audio CD Burn Problem

I'm using Win XP SP3 with two CD drives; an NEC 2500 and an Optiarc USB Lightscribe drive. I've been using CDBXP for about 45 days without problems. (Great program)

Two days ago, I launched CDBXP, looked down, then looked up a few seconds later to see that something was being installed on my system. Always suspicious of installs taking place without notice or permission, I quickly killed it - so quickly, I didn't learn what it was that was being installed. Since that time, I haven't been able to burn audio CDs with CDBXP. I get an error at the beginning of the burn that essentially says "Win32 Error CstarBurn_Star Wave File: Filename.wav is not supported". Nothing is burned to the CD.

I have screen shots if you'd like to see them. Suspiciously, there's only one entry in the CDBXP log, having to do with an attempt to read or write to protected memory, and this entry was logged many hours and failed burn attempts after the problem began.

If I try to copy an audio CD, CDBXP seems to burn the wav files to the CD, but fails with the same error, apparently during the finalization phase (I can see a blank gap close to the inner hub and before the burned area of the CD). I have no problems burning audio CDs with other programs, such as Windows Media Player or EasyCDBurner.

In trying to resolve the problem, I have uninstalled CDBXP, then gone through the system registry deleting every CDBXP entry I could find, then reinstalled. I've done this several times, and even tried to install an older version of CDBXP, but with no success.

I don't know much about this sort of stuff but, looking around your forum, it seems that BurnStar is not used with audio CDs? I'd appreciate any help you can give me.

Well, I can't really tell what happened to your system on that day. CDBurnerXP wouldn't install something while you used it. There is an auto updater, that may install a new version of CDBurnerXP upon launch, but it should not actually cause any problems if you cancel it.

Could you maybe try using a portable version instead (see "more downloads" on download page)?

Also, does it make a difference if you uninstall, reboot, install, reboot?

Otherweise, best is probably if you provide some screenshots and a log file: http://cdburnerxp.se/help/kb/18

Guest jitsehibma

got the same problem, these days occured, on wednesday. Befro that time, no problems. Portable: no clue whatsoever.

No clue either, sorry, hoped to find here an answer.

As you suggested, I downloaded the portable version. and It behaved in the same manner.

But today I downloaded the regular version of the new release, 4.3.8.2568, and it worked without problems.

I have the error log and screen shots of the incident from last week (version 4.3.8.2560), and can still send them if you wish.

Question: One other user has noted the same problem - and on the same day. Is it possible that the auto updater would have been been doing any sort of install for 4.3.8.2560 last Wednesday?

Guest bjosephs

I had the same exact experience today. Launched CDBXP, something started installing. I cancelled. When CDBXP opened, I manually checked for updates - it said that most recent version is installed. Tried burning and got what sounds like the same error. I uninstalled with RevoUninstaller Pro, cleaned registry with CCLeaner, downloaded 4.3.8.2568 x64 from this site, and installed again. Same error.

Please help!

If you can't tell me what is being installed, I can't help you a lot actually.

Also, please describe your error in more detail than just "same error". Whether or not some of you have the same problem has yet to be determined. Preferably post screenshots, documenting your steps.

Guest bjosephs

I don't know what was installing - it don't recall the setup telling me, but it could be that I just hit cancel instinctively without noticing. I sent screenshots and a error log to the email address associated with error reporting. I gave extensive details there as well. I was having trouble attaching files to my post, and I thought my post didn't work..

Thanks for your help.

I'm not sure if it's the same problem, but I am getting an error trying to burn a valid ISO file to CD. Error says that it is probably due to a bad disk, but it happens with several disks, and also happens very quickly after starting - like before there's time to access the drive and determine whether the disk is bad or not. Also, it burns a normal compilation just fine.

Log file attached...

I guess you can disregard my last post. When I looked through the log file I realized I'd misspelled the error message in my initial search. The error message I have has to do with StarWaveFile, not StarWavFile.

When I Googled the right error message, I found this post:

http://forum.cdburnerxp.se/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9129

The information there, that moving the image file so the filename wasn't so long, got me going. If this is what others are experiencing, I suggest trying it.

As a general tip (call it a feature request), it would be helpful if the error text could be selected so it could be copied and pasted.

Guest marci

Hi!

My question is:

Does cd burner xp support audio master quality recording option with plextor premium2 drive?

Thanks for the answer!

regards: Marci

Does cd burner xp support audio master quality recording option with plextor premium2 drive?

Whatever that is supposed to do except marketing purposes...but no.

CDBurnerXP is a freeware, thus not intended to commercial use. It does not support Master Quality Recording with Plextor® Premium2™ like Flo has stated

CDBurnerXP is a freeware, thus not intended to commercial use.

This is not quite true though, it is certainly meant for commercial usage in companies.

However, I'm quite confident that this "technology" does not add any value. Audio CDs are "digital", so you cannot improve a lot on that. It's similar to "high quality" HDMI cables. A cheap one has the exact same quality as an expensive one, as long as a picture is shown at all (HDMI either produces a perfect picture or none at all).