Sign in to follow this  
BojanKing

Finalize disc

I installed CDBurnerXP a few hours back, and I like it a lot, it's best burning software I ever used. I had Nero before, but it's now becoming everything except burning software (hope CDBurnerXP stays simple yet powerful as it is now).

But I have one question:

When creating data disc, why I have to choose between Disc at Once and Session at Once when I have option to Finalize disc below? I mean why I have to set it 2 times, when Disc at Once means it will finalize disc, and Session at Once mean it won't finalize disc?

thanks.

You can both finalize disc-at-once and session-at-once discs. You will for example need to finalize a session-at-once disc if you don't want to add any further data.

It seems that I don't understand difference between disc-at-once and session-at-once. Can you tell me when I should use disc-at-once, and when session-at-once?

Thanks.

Just select the option of the previous dialog and only decide between "keep open" and finalise" instead of "advanced settings", if you do not know the technical details.

Please explain to me. If I don't select advanced settings it starts at maximum speed (22x), and my Verbatim disc can't handle it (only up to 16x), and then it's unusable. I'm not stupid, I now a lot about computers, but I just didn't get it.

I always burned my discs with Nero, and there was only option to finalize disc aka multi-session disc.

Thanks.

Use session-at-once for multi session discs. Add "finalize" if you do not want to add any further data.

Use disc-at-once if you only want to burn a single "session". You typically also opt in to finalization.

I just dumped that pile of rubbish Nero Kwik Media, what a load of crap. I would like to say thanks guys, you saved a laptop from a flying lesson ending at the bottom of the garden.

All I wanted to do was shove a disc in and write to it, I tried that easy burner, no that locked up the drive and need a reboot to get it back. Nero!! well what can you say about nero other than forget it.

Cd burner xp went in nicely, did what it said on the tin, briiliant.

One thing guys, please do not fall into the trap that all others are doing which forces toolbars and other stuff that screws up your setting, keep it clean.

Like I use in business KISS, keep it simple son. Wel done though chaps.

Hi, I tried that, but the option for finalizing the disk seems to be ignored - just like the name for the disk. See my post here: https://forum.cdburnerxp.se/topic/9898-command-line-burning-does-not-close-disk-and-name-is-not-set/.

I would really appreciate, if anybody could tell me, if I'm doing anything wrong on that command, or if this is a bug in the software.