Sign in to follow this  
skybolt_1

STOP: 0x0000006B error on boot

Hey everyone!

I've been using CDBurnerXP Pro 3.0.113 for about a week now, to great effect. However, I have been so far unable to successfully burn a Windows 2000 boot disk that has the lastest service pack slipstreamed into the install. The boot disk gives the option to boot to CD, and it seems to boot up fine - loads all the device drivers and gets all the way to the point where it says "setup is starting windows".

Then, it spits out a BSOD - STOP: 0x0000006B PROCESS_INITIALIZATION_FAILED.

I looked up the error on the MS website, and it said to grab the latest service pack - which doesn't make sense because I already did that. The .TST file in the root directory is CDROMSP4.TST. This means that it is service pack 4 right?

I also tried not slipstreaming the SP, and going with SP3, and got the same error. This made me think that there is something screwy in the way I am buring the disk.

Can anyone shed some light on this problem?

Joe F.

Ugh. Sorry, I know this thread is pre-historic, but I'm having *exactly* the same problem. My slipstreamed Windows 2000 SP4 CD (copied from a hard disk image of the original Windows 2000 CD) gets to the end of the initial start-up process at the beginning of the OS installation (loading drivers etc.), then I get that STOP error.

I suppose it's possible that the source image contained one or more corrupted files, which weren't replaced when I slipstreamed SP4 to it... but I'm open to other suggestions - anyone have any insight?

TIA!