Sign in to follow this  
Johnpysk

Can I use CDBurnerXP as a backup Program?

I would like to back up my data files to CDs using CDBurnerXP. This would require backing up to a number of CDs. Will CDburnerXP do this? How can I do this? I know very little about back-up terminology. I would just like to have my data available if my hard-drive crashes to load it up on a new hard-drive.

You could, but honestly, you should keep a backup of your data on a more reliable medium. I'd recommend to get a USB hard drive or at least a large USB stick. Put your data there and keep it at a safe place.

There is no problem in using it as a backup program, that being said, a CD/DVD is not a reliable storage medium in any possible sense, I suggest you to backup your data in encrypted form (truecrypt containers comes to mind) into an online backup service, they are less likely to loose your data.

Cheers.