Sign in to follow this  
JohanPirlouit

Will the Asus BW-12B1LT be compatible?

Hi everyone, hi Flo,

First really thanx for CDBxp! A burning tool that doesn't invade the system with unwanted gadgets and that is ... free, so good :wink: ......

For the moment, my Asus BW-12B1LT (Blu-ray burner, SATA) is partially "seen" by CDBxp (Copy Disc / Burn ISO / Erase Disc / Burn Audio, but NOT Burn Data and no informations about the burner are shown for it) but when I try to erase a disc the process doesn't start and still ask me to erase disc...

My BW-12B1LT is present in the system (Windows 7 Pro 64 bits), Windows can erase and burn disc with it, even ISOs. Dot.NET 3.5 and 4.0 are up to date and for the moment there is no firmware update for this drive...

So, will the Asus BW-12B1LT be fully recognized in a future release of CDBxp?

Regards,

Johan

Thank you Flo for your answer.

When I say that the process doesn't start when I want to erase a disc, I mean that CDBxp doesn't erase the disc:

- To "Erase disc": from the main menu, I select the Erase task, I click on "Erase" in the Erase window, I click OK to confirm and ... nothing happens, I'm back to the main menu.

- To burn ISO on a disk that I want to erase: I select the Burn ISO task, I select the ISO file, I click on Burn disk, I'm prompted to erase disk (I use the french version so in english it should be "The media is not writable, do you want to erase it now?"), I answer OK, the Erase window opens, I click on Erase to erase the disk, I confirm in the confirm window and ... nothing happens, I'm back to the Burn ISO window and the prompt to erase the disk...

I use CDBxp 64 bits and I dont' have any error message... Maybe there is a log file, but I don't know where......

I use a second drive in my PC, a Pioneer DVR-116 (DVD burner, PATA) that I would like to use now in another PC, and I've got no problem at all!

Back to my tests with my Asus BW-12B1LT:

- I tried to burn a small ISO on an empty CD-RW, the burning is OK.

- I tried to burn an 1.47 Go ISO on an empty DVD-RW, CDBxp reports that the media is writable but there is 0.00 ko left on it! Even if I insert the disc long before starting CDBxp or if I check for the disk informations in CDBxp...

But my drive still doesn't appear in every device lists in CDBxp though my Pioneer does...

My SATA driver (AMD) is up to date and I currently use the AHCI mode for all SATA drives on my system. Probably also some issues down there...

I will try other tests when I will get a bit of free time and for the moment I keep my config "as-is", still with my Pioneer DVR-116 as main burner drive. Also, if Asus could release a firmware update, it would be nice for me to test also this way :wink: ...

Regards,

Johan

- I tried to burn an 1.47 Go ISO on an empty DVD-RW, CDBxp reports that the media is writable but there is 0.00 ko left on it! Even if I insert the disc long before starting CDBxp or if I check for the disk informations in CDBxp...

Maybe you can create a log file of that event?

See http://cdburnerxp.se/help/kb/18

Maybe you can create a log file of that event?

See http://cdburnerxp.se/help/kb/18

Hi Flo,

Sorry to be back so late... I don't really know what has happened last time because I did exactly the same thing tonite (erase disk with Windows' integrated burner tool and burn ISO with CDBXP) and ..... it burns nicely!

By the way, I did 6 logs (the first three are burning tries with my Asus BW-12B1LT):

1. I try to burn my 1.45 GB ISO on a previously erased DVD-RW (erased with Windows' integrated burner tool): burn OK.

> StarBurn__Burn_1.45GB-ISO_on_empty_DVD-RW_OK.log

2. I try to burn the same ISO on the DVD-RW not previously erased: not OK: "loops" on the erase step: I answer yes to all sub-windows and it finally asks me if I want to erase the disk and I'm gone again into the "loop"...

> StarBurn__Burn_1.45GB-ISO_on_non-empty_DVD-RW_NOK_unable_to_erase.log

3. I try to simply erase the DVD-RW: not OK: after answering to sub-windows, no erase action but immediatly back to the CDBXP startup menu.

> StarBurn__Failed_to_erase_DVD-RW.log

(the last three logs are only UI logs, with no burning tries):

4. When I open the main Data burning window, CDBXP doesn't "show" my Asus BW-12B1LT, only my Pioneer DVR-116.

> StarBurn__Failed_to_show_the_Asus_in_the_Data_Burning_window.log

5. When I open the Audio burning window, both drives are shown.

> StarBurn__Two_drives_are_shown_in_the_Audio_Burning_window.log

6. Also, when I open the Copy tool, both drives are shown.

> StarBurn__Two_drives_are_shown_in_the_Copy_Tool.log

I hope it could help..... But if you want me to make a specific log, tell me and I will try (now that I know how to do :wink: )

Regards,

Johan

2. I try to burn the same ISO on the DVD-RW not previously erased: not OK: "loops" on the erase step: I answer yes to all sub-windows and it finally asks me if I want to erase the disk and I'm gone again into the "loop"...

> StarBurn__Burn_1.45GB-ISO_on_non-empty_DVD-RW_NOK_unable_to_erase.log

3. I try to simply erase the DVD-RW: not OK: after answering to sub-windows, no erase action but immediatly back to the CDBXP startup menu.

> StarBurn__Failed_to_erase_DVD-RW.log

Can you explain what you mean with "sub windows" a little more? And how the "loop" is created?

Can you explain what you mean with "sub windows" a little more? And how the "loop" is created?

I know that my english is far away to be rich (and I still apologize for that :? ), it is sometimes hard for me to explain exactly what I want to explain and here is, in pictures, what I mean with "sub windows" and what I call a "loop"...

1. In the main menu, I choose "Burn ISO image":

CDBXP_Loop_01.png

2. In the "Burn ISO image" window, after all is checked, I click on "Burn disc":

CDBXP_Loop_02.png

3. Because my disc is not empty, I'm prompted to erase it (an example of what I call "sub window"):

CDBXP_Loop_03.png

4. I click on "Yes" ("Oui" in french) and I'm prompted for the erase method:

CDBXP_Loop_04.png

5. I leave all default settings and I click on "Erase" and I'm prompted for the final confirmation:

CDBXP_Loop_05.png

6. Then, I click "Yes" and............ Tadaaaa, I'm back to step #3!!!!!!

CDBXP_Loop_03.png

This IS what I call a "loop"... I can do this "loop" as long as I want, it is still impossible to start the real erase process. For that, the log #2 I've posted before should "talk"...

7. Being back to the start of the "loop" (step #3), I answer "No" and I'm newly prompted to erase the disc:

CDBXP_Loop_06.png

8. I answer "No" and CDBXP answers me some informations about the disc:

CDBXP_Loop_07.png

-------------------------------------------------------------

For the other CDBXP sections, here are picts:

1. In the "Data compilation", only my Pioneer DVR-116 is in the device list, not my Asus BW-12B1LT (previously posted log #4):

CDBXP_Data_Compilation.png

2. But in the "Audio compilation", both drives are in the list (previously posted log #5):

CDBXP_Audio_Compilation.png

3. Also in the "Copy tool", both drives are in the Source and Target lists (previously posted log #6):

CDBXP_Copy_Disc.png

Regards,

Johan

OK, that is interesting. Was there a disc inserted at start up of CDBurnerXP? If not, could you try if it makes a difference if the disc is inserted before launching CDBurnerXP?

Hi Flo,

My previous test was made with a disc inserted before starting up CDBXP.

But a new test made inserting the disc after the starting up of CDBXP (I first launched the Erase tool and THEN I inserted the disc and waited for seconds to be sure that it was cared by CDBXP before starting the process by pressing the Erase button) gave the exact same result :-? ...

Here is the log:

StarBurn__CDBXP-439b2651_EraseTest_NOK_Disc_is_Absent_(Inserted-AFTER).log

Regards,

Johan

Hi Flo,

I'm back to you and I made two tests using the SPTD driver (x64 to match my Windows 7; the 32 bit version of the driver can't be installed) and the last stable x64 release of CDBXP (4.3.8.2631_x64) to match the SPTD driver (32 bit version of CDBXP doesn't "see" the driver)... So I couldn't use the latest beta which seems to be x86 only :( .

By the way, I set the option UseSPTD to 1 in the UserSettings.ini and everytime the disc is inserted before launching CDBXP.

Here are the results:

1. Simply erase a DVD-RW:

In the erase tool, after I click on the Erase button and I answer Yes to confirm, no erase action and I'm bact to the main menu. The DVD-RW is not erased.

The log > StarBurn__UseSPTD_Asus-BW-12B1LT_Failed_to_erase_DVD-RW.log

2. Burn ISO image:

In the ISO burning tool, after I click on the Burn button, I get no prompt to erase the disc, the burning process does start immediatly but hangs at the verify data step!! I have to kill CDBXP process. And .... the disc is well closed but empty!

The pict:

CDBXP_UseSPTD_Failed_to_burn_ISO_Image.png

2.1. First try the disc is readble and it appears "empty" but not blank (disc finalized and closed but no files on it).

The log > StarBurn__UseSPTD_Asus-BW-12B1LT_Failed_to_burn_ISO_Image_DiscEmpty.log

2.2. Second try, the disc is not readable by my Asus BW-12B1LT but only readble by my Pioneer DVR-116 with the same result as the first try.

The log > StarBurn__UseSPTD_Asus-BW-12B1LT_Failed_to_burn_ISO_Image_Unreadable.log

The pict (in french, sorry):

CDBXP_DiscNotReadable.png

I made the tests with my Pioneer DVR-116 (PATA drive) and here are the results:

1. Simple erase test:

1.1 The first try is partially OK, because only my Pioneer reports a disc that is blank and ready. My Asus reports a bad formatted disc.

The log > StarBurn__UseSPTD_Pioneer-DVR-116_Erase_partially_OK

1.2 The second try is OK, the disc and both my drives reports a blank and ready disc.

The log > StarBurn__UseSPTD_Pioneer-DVR-116_Erase_OK.log

2. Burn ISO file:

Again, no prompt to erase the disc! And the result is that the disc is well closed but absolutly not readable, neither by my Asus nor by my Pioneer...

The log > StarBurn__UseSPTD_Pioneer-DVR-116_Failed_to_burn_ISO_Image_Unreadable.log

If you've got an x64 version of the last beta (or of the next one), I will redo those tests to test your last improvements...

Regards,

Johan

Hi Flo,

Here are news with CDBXP 3.9.2741_x64 et the SPTD driver...

1. With my Asus BW-12B1LT:

No erase action at all but CDBXP turns into loop at the disc detection: CDBXP "sees" no disc ans mostly says "Not re-writable" (sometimes it says "Re-writable" but still no disc!). Also, Windows Explorer media autodetection ran every 5 to 10 seconds... I had to photography the images because I wasn't able to use the regular screen capture (every opened windows were "flashing" active/not active so copy and paste was just impossible) so they are in a bad quality... And I had to do a second try for less than 15 seconds to get a "small" log because the time I used to photography the screen the log was about 14MB!!

The "small" log (approx 2MB) > StarBurn__UseSPTD_Asus-BW-12B1LT_Failed_to_erase_DVD-RW_part2.log

Some picts:

CDBXP_UseSPTD_Failed_to_Erase_p2-1.jpg

CDBXP_UseSPTD_Failed_to_Erase_p2-2.jpg

CDBXP_UseSPTD_Failed_to_Erase_p2-3.jpg

CDBXP_UseSPTD_Failed_to_Erase_p2-4.jpg

CDBXP_UseSPTD_Failed_to_Erase_p2-5.jpg

2. With my Pioneer DVR-116:

At the first try, it did nothing, similary to my Asus but with an error message:

The log > StarBurn__UseSPTD_Pioneer-DVR-116_Failed_to_Erase_DVD-RW_part2.log

The pict :

CDBXP_UseSPTD_Failed_to_Erase_p2-6.jpg

At the second try, my Pioneer finally did the job: the DVD has been erased and left ready.

The log > StarBurn__UseSPTD_Pioneer-DVR-116_Failed_to_Erase_DVD-RW_part2_Did-it.log

The pict :

CDBXP_UseSPTD_Failed_to_Erase_p2-7_Did-it.png

Regards,

Johan