[Solved - some what] Firewall detects outgoing connection

OK.

I now suspect it is not CDBurnerXP actually trying to make the connection, but it IS what is causing Windows to try and make the connection and I still do not like it nor will I allow it.

Thread closed, as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks to everyone :)

• 2 weeks later...

Probably related: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11190

So I guess that in the next version of CDBurnerXP, you will no longer notice any internet access on startup. It wasn't really Windows which did the certificate check, but the CLR/.NET Framework, which also explains why the process is "cdbxpp.exe". In this case the check is actually not necessary.

So,

Is that other thread saying that in next version, the issue that the person over there was having and maybe my issue will be fixed?

Otherwise,

I've gone back to version 4.3.8.2568, which is the last version that didn't have the outgoing connection issue on every startup.

Thanks again :)

But you disabled auto update on all computers? Can you maybe also try the additional method of disabling online update using the method explain in KB 13 (http://cdburnerxp.se/help/kb/13)?
It is not strictly related to the topic but in mentioned article it says:
%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Canneverbe Limited\CDBurnerXP\Application.ini” (Win Vista/7) or ”%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Appdata\Canneverbe Limited\CDBurnerXP

But there is no ”%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Appdata" in Windows XP and even if it was, what file name should be?