Sign in to follow this  
floele

CDBurnerXP beta 4.3.9 - beta 2

floele   

A new version of CDBurnerXP with an updated burning library is now available:

http://cdburnerxp.se/downloads/cdbxp_se ... 9.2747.exe

I'd appreciate if some people could try to use it and spot any potential new issues. Last release with an updated burning library did not go too well without tests. Thanks :)

This release should in particular solve the issues

- CStarBurn_ScsiTransportSPTI::ExecuteCDB(): Command failed

- WIN32 error: CStarBurn_StarWaveFile::RealRead() (when burning short audio files)

Also new in beta 2:

- New DVD-Video burning interface, also exposed in startup dialog.

- Fixed error when shutting down after burning (MarshalDirectiveException)

Guest Majikaro   
Guest Majikaro

Attempting to burn a 79:51 minute long audio CD, with 22 tracks, using 4.3.8.2631. Burning at 4X, with CDText, and no spaces between tracks. First attempt ended abruptly after approximately 8 songs, second attempt after about 13 songs. So, found forum suggestion to change to 4.3.9.2651. Clicking "Help" and then "About CDBurnerXP"; confirms I upgraded to 4.3.9.2651. CDBurnerXP only made it through 6 of 22 songs of same compilation. All three burn tries had the same error. "Internal SDK error: CStarburn_SCSITranportSPTI". I like the simplicity and user interface of your program. Thank you. And hope to return to using it.

hlitt16   

CD Burner XP v4.3.9.2651Beta

No Compatible Drives Found.

Laptop: HP Compaq 6530b

Hardware: HL-DT-ST-DVDRAM GT20L ATA Device

This DVD burner is not recognised by CD BurnerXP

ImgBurn v2.5.20 works ok

Majikaro   

In reference to: "Attempting to burn a 79:51 minute long audio CD, with 22 tracks, using 4.3.8.2631. Burning at 4X, with CDText, and no spaces between tracks. First attempt ended abruptly after approximately 8 songs, second attempt after about 13 songs. So, found forum suggestion to change to 4.3.9.2651. Clicking "Help" and then "About CDBurnerXP"; confirms I upgraded to 4.3.9.2651. CDBurnerXP only made it through 6 of 22 songs of same compilation. All three burn tries had the same error. "Internal SDK error: CStarburn_SCSITranportSPTI". I like the simplicity and user interface of your program. Thank you. And hope to return to using it."

I have attached the log file from a 4th burn attempt to help diagnose. Some things I have noticed with 4.3.9beta: At the bottom of the AUDIO CD creation screen it starts out showing 4727 MB!? When I check mark the box to run a simulated burn it says it can only do that with CD MEDIA BURNS?! Then it asks if I want to go ahead and actually burn project. I checked yes. But then, it only did a simulation?! Using Windows Vista Home 32-bit with a HP 9100 internal CD Burner.

floele   

Did you have a CD-R or CD-RW inserted? Could you please check the disc information dialog and verify that the correct media type has been detected? (And that the correct burning device has been selected as well.)

Majikaro   

Definitely CD-R. Drive is only able to read and write CDs. "Disc information" confirms burner is HP Writer+ 9100, CD-R disc, 702.82 free, and that disc is open.

It is easy to recreate one of the issues I mentioned in a previous post (you must have windows hide the task-bar to see this.) Start an Audio Compilation, insert a blank CD-R, and read across the bottom:

"CD-R (Empty)| Audio CD: 0 tracks, 00:00:00 play time | Remaining Size: 01:19:58 (4797.91 MB)"

Also installed 4.3.9.1256 on a computer that had never had CDBurnerXP. I started an Audio Compilation and inserted a blank CD-R. It also shows 4797.91 MB (only a blank DVD could have that capacity).

Hello, I'm getting the same SDK internal errors as described here. I tried burning compilations that were only an hour long so there was plenty of room. I did try reducing the speed but it did not help. I think I have version 4.3.8.2631, (downloaded from Cnet) so I'm not sure if I should post this elsewhere. I had just Googled "SDK internal error" and found these posts. In addition to that error it also says something about it possibly being bad media, but I've tried two different kinds of CDR's (HP and Sony Audio) and I really don't think that is it. I have a brand new laptop and I've been getting worried that my cd drive might be a lemon so I'm trying to test it out as much as I can to see if it's a software or hardware issue. I also downloaded JetAudio and had some trouble with it initially as well, very similiar in fact, but I tried slowing the speed down and did get a successful burn with JetAudio that way--I will test more to make sure it wasn't a fluke. I'm also going to burn with WMP to see if there's any problems there. I figure if I have issues with all three, it must be the drive, although I'm really hoping it's software related.

Hello... long time data burner, first time audio burner.

I can confirm that build 4.3.9.2651 fixed the "CStarBurn_StarWaveFile::RealRead()" issue for me. Audio tracks that were shorter than 4 seconds now burn successfully instead of throwing an error and ruining the disc.

However, this build also seems to have re-introduced an older bug in which each track on the disc is burned as 4 seconds long, regardless of the audio file's actual length. For example, I have 26 tracks on one disc. A few tracks are less than 4 seconds long, most are in the 5-10 second range, and a couple others are a few minutes long. But, when burned, all tracks turn out to be :04 in length.

Build 4.3.9.2747 still retains this bug.

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

CD-R / 700 MB / 80 min

(Btw, keep up the great work! I've been a fan of this program for years.)

floele   
However, this build also seems to have re-introduced an older bug in which each track on the disc is burned as 4 seconds long, regardless of the audio file's actual length. For example, I have 26 tracks on one disc. A few tracks are less than 4 seconds long, most are in the 5-10 second range, and a couple others are a few minutes long. But, when burned, all tracks turn out to be :04 in length.

I wish you'd have told me sooner, but this issue is known by now and is being worked on. Hopefully we can release a fixed version this month.