[X] Adding files to discs

I`m able to add files to a disc which has already files on it, using Nero Smart Start. When i use CD Burner XP, i get the attached message. The discs i`m using are CDR and DVD-R of very good quality. Any clues? :)

I omitted to say the "leave disc open" was applied. Also i get the messages shown.

Continuing discs that have been started with any app other than CDBurnerXP will usually not work and I also have no intention of supporting that, sorry.
Thank You for your reply. I just attempted to burn data files on a new Verbatim CD-R (using CD Burner XP only) and ticked leave disc open, but received the burning error again. Could you advise on that please? (see attached) :D I put a new disc in and get the message "not Writable" (see disc required attached)

There is no 24/7 support here. Anyway, you cannot put in a new disc to continue the previous session, you will need to use the same disc. If you get an error during the burning process, I'd need the "details" of that error message.

The burning options seem fine though.

BTW, do you get the error when burning the first time or the second time?

Guest terrace
There is no 24/7 support here. Anyway, you cannot put in a new disc to continue the previous session, you will need to use the same disc. If you get an error during the burning process, I'd need the "details" of that error message.

The burning options seem fine though.

BTW, do you get the error when burning the first time or the second time?

I tried two new discs the first time but the burning error came up. Also, you had provision to add attachments but it`s not there now. :D
I understand now...guess the problem is a little difficult though. You may try a firmware update, but other than that, the issue is still unresolved by Numedia Soft: See http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&clie ... hing+cache for other threads.
Thank You, i had a look at your link and that is the problem i`m having. Are they working on solving the problem? There`s a lot of people waiting for it. :? ( The firmware is ok, it couldn`t be that anyway as all other options on CD Burner work ok). :)
  • 2 weeks later...
Well, can it be fixed ever? :?

cdburnerxp uses two different burning libraries, one of them is broken and the company that produced it ( not to mention got paid a huge amount of money) no longer releases

fixes for it, so we need to port half of the software to the other (newer) library, that requires MAJOR effort.