Sign in to follow this  
Legendarion

CDBXP doesn't start while another CD/DVD is not in use.

What I am trying to say is that I have 2 internal DVD-burners (Asus DRW-24B5ST / DRW-24F1ST) and when I have a DVD movie/serie inserted in one of them and I want to burn something on the other one and I start CDBurnerXP, the program doesn't respond/start at all and completely hangs up and the HDD-lamp is on constantly. And there is no way to terminate it. The only way is to restart the computer (by force), take out the DVD movie/serie and be sort of free for any inserted disc(s) in both drives to make it work. It has been doing this for a quite while.

In other words: CDBXP completely crashes when there is a CD/DVD inserted in one or both drives when you want to start it. But it doesn't crash when you have a burnable disc inserted or when both drives are free for any discs.

I tried it now. All I get is an error message saying this:

The StarBurn burning engine could not be initialised. CDBurnerXP will not work. Make sure that CDBurnerXP is installed properly, re-install if necessary. If you are using bla bla bla.....

Error details: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800402A7

I have exactly the same problem.  With a disk in my 2nd CD drive cdburnerxp will not startup.  I did not have this problem until I installed the update 4.5.6.5931 that was pushed to me today.  I uninstalled it and reinstalled 4.5.6.5844 and now that won't run either.  Happily, I logged into the forum and found Legendarion's post.  I removed the disk from the 2nd drive (that required a restart) and now the software starts up.  Thank you Legendarion.