Sign in to follow this  
Guest mikesweg

[C] Errors window on selecting data disc

Guest mikesweg

Hi,

I have cdburnerxp v4.3.8.2631.

I have all the latest dot Net patches for 1.1, 2.0, 3.5, and 4.0 as of 10/19/11 on a Windows Home Edition compaq v5306US laptop with SP3 plus latest updates. When I clicked on the desktop icon for CDBurnerXP and hit OK for "data disc", the application displays the Data Compilation window, but an error report is also generated too. I couldn't send it to you because it says this error "Configuration system failed to initialize"

Here is the error displayed.

System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Configuration system failed to initialize ---> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Unrecognized configuration section system.serviceModel. (C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Config\machine.config line 134)

at System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean ignoreLocal)

at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfParseErrors(ConfigurationSchemaErrors schemaErrors)

at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfInitErrors()

at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.EnsureInit(String configKey)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.PrepareClientConfigSystem(String sectionName)

at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.System.Configuration.Internal.IInternalConfigSystem.GetSection(String sectionName)

at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.GetSection(String sectionName)

at System.Configuration.PrivilegedConfigurationManager.GetSection(String sectionName)

at System.Diagnostics.DiagnosticsConfiguration.GetConfigSection()

at System.Diagnostics.DiagnosticsConfiguration.Initialize()

at System.Diagnostics.DiagnosticsConfiguration.get_IndentSize()

at System.Diagnostics.TraceInternal.InitializeSettings()

at System.Diagnostics.TraceInternal.WriteLine(String message)

at System.Diagnostics.Trace.WriteLine(String message)

at LogicNP.FolderViewControl.FolderView.x6d20df8559bc61a7()

at LogicNP.FolderViewControl.FolderView.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Unrecognized configuration section system.serviceModel. (C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Config\machine.config line 134)

at System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean ignoreLocal)

at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfParseErrors(ConfigurationSchemaErrors schemaErrors)

at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfInitErrors()

Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 (32bit)

Debug-Log:

ACPI Uniprocessor PC

Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System

AMD Turion 64 Mobile Technology ML-32

AMD K8 Processor

ACPI Lid

ACPI Power Button

Microsoft Windows Management Interface for ACPI

PCI bus

PCI standard host CPU bridge

PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge

ATI MOBILITY RADEON Xpress 200 Series

Generic Television

Plug and Play Monitor

Default Monitor

Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller

USB Root Hub

Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller

USB Root Hub

Microsoft USB Wheel Mouse Optical

Microsoft USB Wheel Mouse Optical

Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller

USB Root Hub

ATI SMBus

Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller

Primary IDE Channel

WDC WD800UE-22KVT0

Disk drive

Secondary IDE Channel

TSSTcorp CDW/DVD TS-L462D

CD-ROM Drive

PCI standard ISA bridge

ISAPNP Read Data Port

Direct memory access controller

Numeric data processor

Programmable interrupt controller

System CMOS/real time clock

System speaker

System timer

Quick Launch Buttons

Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad

Motherboard resources

System board

Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller

Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery

Microsoft AC Adapter

Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN

Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC

Conexant AC-Link Audio

AC97 Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP

Motherboard resources

ACPI Thermal Zone

ACPI Fixed Feature Button

Microsoft Composite Battery

Volume Manager

Generic volume

Generic volume

avast! Asynchronous Virus Monitor

AFD

AliIde

1394 ARP Client Protocol

aswRdr

aswSP

avast! Network Shield Support

Belarc SMBios Access

Beep

cpuz135

dmboot

dmload

EABFiltr

Fips

Generic Packet Classifier

HTTP

IntelIde

IP Network Address Translator

IPSEC driver

ksecdd

mdmxsdk

mnmdd

mountmgr

NDIS System Driver

Remote Access NDIS TAPI Driver

NDIS Usermode I/O Protocol

NDProxy

NetBios over Tcpip

Null

PartMgr

ParVdm

Pcmcia

Remote Access Auto Connection Driver

RDPCDD

SCDEmu

Serial port driver

SmartDefragDriver

TCP/IP Protocol Driver

truecrypt

VgaSave

ViaIde

VolSnap

Remote Access IP ARP Driver

Audio Codecs

Legacy Audio Drivers

Media Control Devices

Legacy Video Capture Devices

Video Codecs

WAN Miniport (L2TP)

WAN Miniport (IP)

WAN Miniport (PPPOE)

WAN Miniport (PPTP)

WAN Miniport (IP) - Packet Scheduler Miniport

Packet Scheduler Miniport

Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC - Packet Scheduler Miniport

Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN - Packet Scheduler Miniport

Direct Parallel

Terminal Server Keyboard Driver

Terminal Server Mouse Driver

Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator

Microsoft WINMM WDM Audio Compatibility Driver

Microsoft Kernel System Audio Device

Microsoft Kernel Wave Audio Mixer

Microcode Update Device

Microsoft System Management BIOS Driver

Guest mikesweg

Upon reading the info from MSoft, I'll try either to uninstall newest to oldest and then reinstall back oldest to newest and see if this cleans up the

machine.config file. According to this link, MSoft seems to think it's caused in a dot Net beta version which is installed and not completely

uninstalled.

See, http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms732012.aspx

I'll see if this corrects the problem.

Guest mikesweg

I see that dot net 1.0 and dot net 3.0 and 3.5 don't have a machine.config file.

I see that dot net 1.1.4322 appears to have a machine.config format that is different from dot net 2.0.50727 and dot Net 4.0.30319.

The dot net 2.0.50727 has the following info in the xml sections that don't match whereas the same sections in dot net 4.0.30319 have

the "version=....." matching. So i guess the file got corrupted somehow during the installation and patching.

Dot net 2.0.50727 has the following xml sections which mismatch on the version number. according to Msofts fix per previous linked post above, they

say to do: "Locate any XML nodes in this file that refer to “System.ServiceModel, Version=2.0.0.0”, delete them and any child nodes. Save the file and re-run ServiceModelReg.exe resolves this problem."

Thus my file is as follows,

-->

and all the sections down to,

have a version= 2.0.0.0 but no System.ServiceModel within these sections.

however, the next section refers to version=3.5.0.0 as follows,

which is the end of the file.

Therefore, the Msoft instructions say to delete something that is different than my config file.

Can anybody suggest whether I should delete everything in the XML section referring to 2.0.0.0 or the sections dealing with version=3.5.0.0

I also assume one must rerun the ServiceModelReg.exe that came with dot net 2.0.x and not the one associated with dot net 4.x since the options changed.

MSoft doesn't state which options to use when doing this. Does anybody know which options to use after modifying the machine.config file for dot net 2.x?

I assume one should reboot after doing all this to make sure the system retains the modifications before running cdburnerXP again.

Guest mikesweg

I removed dot net 4.0 extended and client. Then I removed dot net 3.5sp1. I then looked at the machine.config file for dot net 2.0sp2 and now it is in the proper format and cdburnerxp worked without problems.

I assume during the removal it put a restored backup copy of the original back in the dot net 2.osp2 directory, since the machine.config for dot net 2.0sp2

had references to dot net version 3.5.0.0 even though I still had dot net 3.0sp2 still installed.

Removed everything using add/remove back to and including dot net 1.1. Since there was still a directory called dot net 1.0.3705 and alot of other

directories for the various dot nets which hadn't been completely removed. I used the dot removal cleanup tool for all dot nets. It removed everything

except if when one puts a file (or in my case making a copy as machine.config.old) in one of the these directories that wasn't part of the file list perhaps contained in the manifest.

So I will now reboot and reinstall one at a time.

Guest mikesweg

I've removed all .Net Frameworks. Used the cleanup tool for all .Net Frameworks. Then used http://www.piriform.com ccleaner to cleanup the

registry for things that the cleanup tool didn't remove and then manually deleted any subdirectories leftover i.e. v1.0, v1.1, v4.0 and

v2.0 that weren't removed. Then rebooted the machine.

I then reinstalled all the .Net Frameworks in the following order using Msoft updates.

v3.5sp1 which when installed includes the v3.0SP2 and v2.0SP2 subdirectories. I checked the machine.config file in the v2.0SP2 which was

giving problems before. It matched the xml content above, so this file with the version # being 2.0.0.0 and 3.5.0.0 in the same file

was done during the v3.5.sp1 install. All hotfixes/security patches for v3.5sp1, v3.0sp2 and v2.0sp2 were then installed. I then

checked cdburnerxp to see if it gave an error when the data disc was selected. There was no exception errors. Next used Microsoft

update to download and install v1.1 which also created and installed a subdirectory for .net framework 1.0. All the patches were also

installed for this framework. Again cdburnerxp was run and no errors generated. Then used Microsoft update to installed .net framework

4.0 client profile and related patches. Cdburnerxp didn't give a problem here either. I then manually installed the .net framework 4.0 extended

and related patches. Again, cdburnerxp didn't give any errors. CCleaner was re-run and removed all temp files and cleaned the registry.

I then rebooted and defragged the drive. So far no problems.

Conclusion: I had bought this laptop used, and although I had to take it back to fix the sector errors that prevented it from booting due to me

putting the laptop in the cars trunk and driving around which due to the road bumps may have caused drive problems although the laptop

was turned off, it may have also damaged a file that the .NET framework needed although a complete disk check said there was no problem.