Sign in to follow this  
alphadec

Cannot burn 50gb BD-R

I have a strange problem I have tried almost everything hope someone can help.

I am using a "Sony BD RW BWU-500S" in the first months I could burn both 25gb and 50gb bd-r discs if I today try I get this error message when burning 50gb NOT 25GB.

23:12:13 Preparing to burn disc at 4x (17 980 KB/s)

23:12:13 Burn process started at 4x (17 980 KB/s)

23:12:39 (devCDControlError) Could not write to Disc (LBA: 2816 Length: 32). CD Control Error. - 0x037300

23:13:03 Burn process started at 4x (17 980 KB/s)

And the process just destroys my BD-R have destroyed about 10!.

I have now completely re-installed my windows xp and I can burn 25gb bd-r BUT NOT 50 GB then I get this error message, and I have also try to burn in UDF.

Hope someone can help.

Are you using another brand of Blu-Ray media? Otherwise, the fact that it suddenly stopped working would hint at a defect of your drive.

Its the same brand I have been using since I bought it (Verbatim) (50Gb). All kinds of brands when comes to 25gb discs. I also did a firmware update a week ago to 1.63.

Maybe it's related to the firmware upgrade then? I don't think that it is a software issue, but you can try another burning app of course to verify.

I have tried both nero and cyberlink but the result is the same.