Sign in to follow this  
jpmackay

CDBurnerXP no Compatible drives

I need your help with this problem to run CDBurnerXP on my desktop which is IBM/Lenovo ThinkCentre SD50 8183 and the operating system is Microsoft Windows XP Professional. I am not sure what is the actual problem with this but more likely with the Intel Chipset. Mine is Intel ® 865G Chipset and not sure whom am I contact to get more information so I will be able to run the program of CDBurnerXP on my desktop? Your help would be appreciated to solve the problem.

Thank you,

John

Joey -- Yes I did read the Guide about Drives and doesn't help me to fix the problem. I am not sure what else to look for? But had a feeling something to do with Intel part in my desktop. Look forward to hear more from anyone here in this forum.

John

Well, theres only 3 possible solutions:

1. Your drive is dammaged, thus not useable with CDBXP or,

2. The registry files for your drive are corrupted and that makes it not useable by CDBXP,

3. Your drive is a new model and this means that CDBXP may not be compatible with it for various reasons.

There might be more possible causes but I'm not an expert in the subject so I wouldn't know

Yes I did read the Guides and also you mentioned about Intel Matrix Storage manager? I will have to look up and see if that will work with my Intel Chipset which is Intel 865G. Will get back to you if that will work or not.

Thank you,

John

Bad news and can't install the Intel Matrix Storage files from Intel. Don't ask me why OK?? All I know that I did download the file, " IATA88ENU " Here is what I got the message on the screen below:

Error

This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software.

Setup will exit.

So I don't know what else to do with this because I would love to get the CD/DVD burner working but what else to solve the problem?

Thank you,

John

Also tried with the other exe file and doesn't work either too. It's below:

iata55_enu

The readme.txt tell me that I got the wrong chipset but Intel mentioned the right chipset that I have on my desktop. Guess that I have to call tech support at IBM?Lenovo to see what they have to say about the chipset and Intel Matrix Storage Manager for my desktop, IBM/Lenovo ThinkCentre SD50 8183-WR4.

Thank you,

John

If the Intel software says that it cannot be installed, that's probably right. Then you'll probably have to wait a little longer, as mentioned in the link above.

Hello everyone in this forum and want to tell you how embarrassing I am with this? Do you want to know now or later?? Nah and here is below:

As you have read my messages recently that I posted about no compatible drives on my DVD/CDRom and DVD/CD Burner on my desktop. Here is the story and I decided to check the USB cable from the LG DVD/CD Burner to the back of my desktop, IBM/Lenovo ThinkCentre SD50. It is UNPLUGGED. That is why it doesn't work with the program of CDBurnerXP to burn the DVD-R disk before and after plugged the USB in and now can burn the disks that I want.

John