[X] Problems with disc detection and the program hanging

Guest boct1584

Guest boct1584

Hardware: ASUS DRW-22B2S in a Dell Dimension L800R (Pentium3 single-core 800MhZ, 192mb RAM)

Media: Memorex 16x DVD+R SL

Elaboration: When I have writable media in the drive, ready to use, and I try to start CDBurnerXP (tested with x2762 and x2783) the splash screen will not appear until I have ejected the blank media. I also have trouble getting the program to recognize the present of writable media when putting it in after opening it.

I'll admit, it's entirely possible it's just this old-as-dirt computer lagging, but I wanted to put this out there for others with the same burner to test.

• 1 month later...
Guest boct1584

I tried the command line switch finally, and it listed the drives fine. I also tried burning a disc from the command line, and that worked fine to start (it's still burning.) So it must be something in the GUI.

I can make do with the command line (I grew up on DOS) but the GUI is nice to have.