Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cricri

[closed]CD unreadable after successful write +verification

Guest Cricri

I always burn my CDs with CD verification.

I burnt this CD the other day, with verification, it does so, and eventually gives me the "Cd burning and verification successful" or whatever similar message.

Since I'm paranoid, I usually ALWAYS check few files manually of the CD myself before deleting data from the hard drive, but because I was busy this time, I didn't, and deleted the files relying on the fact that verification was reported successful.

Well, my CD is corrupted. my Pioneer DVD-106 finds it as an audio CD (no, I didn't try to play the tracks to check it was spelling the binary contents of my files, or reading the ebooks), my Pioneer DVR-106 doesn't find data on it, and my Hitachi-LG combo 4320 just doesn't recognise the CD at all.

Thus, 700MB of what were ebooks down the drain. I can't understand that verification was successful, that was in my DVR-106 which now can't find any of this verified data.

Guest Cricri

What do you mean by "them", the CD or the CD image I burnt?

If you are talking about the CD, then no.

I wasn't burning a CD image, but a new compilation, i.e. drag and drop files from explorer window to compilation window, and then burn.

Yes, check these burnt CDs with ISOBuster. Sometimes it happens that Data is burnt but Explorer can't see it maybe because of bad leadin/leadout.

Guest Cricri

Oooohh. Good to know for next time, I ditched the CD already :cry:

Nice tip though, thanks!

Doesn't CDBurnerXP check the leadin and leadout track? How does it access the data if these tracks are corrupted?

Anyway, I thought I'd report that in here.

I don't think that CDBXPP checks lead in and lead out. And don't ask me know tools like ISO Buster work exactly because I can't tell you :roll:

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.