Sign in to follow this  
Guest MrMeikle

Burn and copy disk in CDFS

Guest MrMeikle

Many disks exist which were recorded in CDFS format. When creating a backup disk usually the disk is copied in fat32 or ntfs resulting in a copy which is not full functioning. Ergo, there is no real exact copydisk. How about an addition of CDFS selection in the program operation?

Guest MrMeikle
So what exactly is CDFS for you? ISO 9660?

Would seem to be a format of its' own. When I look at certain partitions I am informed that some are formatted in what is recognized as "CDFS". For instance, some game disks. Backups don't work because the program expects not only all the files on the medium but the correct format. U3 USB drives (no longer supported) were given 2 partitions, the one formatted in "CDFS". Evidently unique of its' own.

CDFS only refers to a generic file system though as far as I can see, the actual file system used should be a more specific one. Nowadays UDF would be the most popular choice.

Guest MrMeikle

Thanks Flo...

I guess I "haven't a clue", eh? CDBurnerXP tells me that the game disk is ISO9660/Jo;pet so perhaps the difference is default cluster size or media type.