Sign in to follow this  
Guest sam

M4V or MP4 videos from iTunes into a DVD

Guest sam

Can CDBurnerXP take M4V or MP4 videos from iTunes and create a DVD that plays in a DVD player?

I don't know, to me it should but the fact is I have not tried it. It might work, or it might not work. Couldn't tell, Flo will know for shure. Wait for his answer.

Guest sam

iMovie does this.... I can take an MP4 or M4V (if I rename it to an MP4) and it'll allow me to burn those as a DVD that I can watch in my DVD player.

I'm subscribed to a Video Podcast and I want to burn those Video Podcasts (40 minute sermons) as DVDs (I can fit two sermons on a single DVD) and watch them with my wife on our TV.

I just don't want to have to burn these DVD on the iMAC at work, I want to be able to create them at home on my Windows 7 PC.

Windows DVD maker does NOT work for this.

You want to "watch" audio files?

Anyway, CDBurnerXP is not an authoring application, so you won't be able to transform audio files into video DVDs. Not to mention the patent issues with this format.

Guest sam

MP4 and M4V are video files, not audio files.

They aren't copyrighted files.

They are video files distributed as a podcast. Specifically this video podcast: http://jamesmacdonaldvideo.podbean.com/feed/

They come down as M4V files, but I can change the file extension to MP4 on the iMAC and burn them to DVDs that I can watch on my regular old DVD player.

I guess I'll have to keep looking for a different piece of software.

Thanks everyone.

You might use the free Windows DVD Maker or iDVD to help you burn DVDs, both are very simple to use for new users. By the way, if you want to burn m4v to DVD, you will have to remove the DRM protection first. you might try ...(EDITED: we do not promote or endorse software to bypass drm) 

Edited by judas_iscariote
DRM circumvention recommendation, maybe spammer?