Sign in to follow this  
Guest drix

Open Session DVD copy doesn't work

Guest drix

I want to create hundreds of DVDs (using CDBurnerXP to my Accutower tower burner drive then copying to drives), but when I leave the session open, the copied disks do not work or show any files. The "master" DVD works fine and starts our company's installer program, but the copied DVD doesn't work although the Compare says they are identical! The reason I want to make the master/copies "open" is in case I have to reburn the DVDs; developers find fixes later and I don't want to reprint all the DVD labels again and use more DVDs. The media is DVD-R. Any help please before I burn them all Closed???

Maybe copying open discs is not supported by this tower? Don't ask me ;)

I can only say that your plan is not a good idea. Do you really want to manually fix hundreds of DVDs later? I guess it's better to just make new copies. DVDs are not that expensive, in comparison to the time you would need to spend otherwise.

Guest drix

It's not really the cost of the DVD media, but also the additional time of reburning CD labels on my Rimage Everest III printer or the Primera Bravo Pro CD printer (plus all the wasted disks - bad for the environment).

I used to reburn CDs on my CD tower all the time but then our releases got too big. Now with the Windows 32 & 64-bit versions, we decided to go DVD and I got a new DVD burner/tower.

This should work. I'm using the ISSO9660 / Joliet / UDF file system Level 2 to make it as compatible as possible and using DVD-R (don't want to go DVD-RW).

Guest drix

It's not really the cost of the DVD media, but also the additional time of reburning CD labels on my Rimage Everest III printer or the Primera Bravo Pro CD printer (plus all the wasted disks - bad for the environment). I used to reburn CDs on my CD tower all the time but then our releases got too big. Now with the Windows 32 & 64-bit versions, we decided to go DVD and I got a new DVD burner/tower.