Sign in to follow this  
Guest schemert

[X] Different audio track sequence in track listing

Guest schemert

Hi,

I am burning audio cds.

Each cd will get around 13 songs.

These songs are in separate directories.

In CDburnerXP I go to that directory, select all files and drag them to the window below

What often happens is that the sequence of tracks get changed.

so, in the above explore screen you get something like this:

track1

track2

track3

track4

track5

If you drag that list down to the below window, the tracks can popup like this

track2

track1

track3

track4

track5

Why is this happening?

If I would delete the tracks from the below screen and drag them again, the list is OK.

thanks

Sander

Guest peter9999

There is said:

"So if you want to maintain the correct order, always drag a selection of audio tracks at the first track of the selection. "

But this doesn´t work either, the sequence is deleted also! It can only corrected manually.

Peter

Guest peter9999

But I can.

I mark the five tracks in the explorer pane. Then I drag and drop them into the selection. Thre they are out of the order!!

Not if you drag the first of these tracks. If you can tell me any specific conditions under which that issue occurs (or not occurs), let me know, but otherwise I won't be able to reproduce and fix the issue.

Hello This is also happening to me

System: Windows 7 Home Premium SP 1 32 bit

CDBurnerXP V4.4.0.2838

Trying to make an audio CD with FLAC files.

Method 1

a) Drag track 1 to bottom part of CDBurnerXP -- Track 2 shows up in bottom part(right click and play track confirm that it is track 2)

b)Drag track 2 to bottom part of CDBurnerXP -- Track 1 shows up below Track 2in bottom part (right click and play track confirm that it is track 1)

c) Drag tracks 3 to 11(one at a time) to bottom of CDBurnerXP --These tracks show up properly

d) Switch order of Track 1 and Track 2 so that the order matches the album order

e) Hit Burn Button and CDBurnerXP switches order back to:

Track2

Track1

Track3

Track4

Track5

Track6

Track7

Track8

Track9

Track10

Track11

CD is different order that what was set up = Coaster #1

Method 2

a) Highlight Track 1 and press add button -- Track 2 shows up in bottom part(right click and play track confirm that it is track 2)

b)Highlight Track 2 and press add button -- Track 1 shows up below Track 2in bottom part (right click and play track confirm that it is track 1)

c) Highlight Tracks 3 to 11 (one at a time) and click add button 9 more times --These tracks show up properly

d) Switch order of Track 1 and Track 2 so that the order matches the album order

e) Hit Burn Button and CDBurnerXP switches order back to:

Track2

Track1

Track3

Track4

Track5

Track6

Track7

Track8

Track9

Track10

Track11

CD is different order that what was set up = Coaster #2

Method 3

a) Select flies numbered Track 1-11 click add, files show up in the following order:

Track2

Track1

Track3

Track4

Track5

Track6

Track7

Track8

Track9

Track10

Track11

B) Switch order of Track 1 and Track 2 so that the order matches the album order

c) Hit Burn Button and CDBurnerXP switches order back to:

Track2

Track1

Track3

Track4

Track5

Track6

Track7

Track8

Track9

Track10

Track11

CD is different order that what was set up = Coaster #3

Method 4

a) Select flies numbered Track 1-11 click add, files show up in the following order:

Track2

Track1

Track3

Track4

Track5

Track6

Track7

Track8

Track9

Track10

Track11

B) Don't switch order of Track 1 and Track 2

c) Hit Burn Button and CDBurnerXP burns in the following order:

Track2

Track1

Track3

Track4

Track5

Track6

Track7

Track8

Track9

Track10

Track11

CD is in order that what was set up = Coaster #4

img 1 = order by method 2a http://imgur.com/2rzki

img 2 = order corrected by method 2 d http://imgur.com/tz2Ap

img 3 = burn 2 processing in different order http://imgur.com/kI7uj

Method 2

a) Highlight Track 1 and press add button -- Track 2 shows up in bottom part(right click and play track confirm that it is track 2)

This alone is strange enough. You select a single track and then the track after that, which is not actually selected, is added to the audio disc? I cannot reproduce that at all.

Can you under any conditions prevent that behaviour? It should never actually happen, so I'd find it even more strange if it always happens for you.

OK, when looking at the screenshots I notice that here http://i.imgur.com/2rzki.jpg "Frank and Jessie James" is the second track, at least according to the title tag. On the second screenshot though http://i.imgur.com/eJnMy.jpg, it is the first track, according to the file path. The size bars are the same in both screenshots though, the first track is shorter than the second one, so the track lists are identical. So it appears to me that the tracks are incorrectly tagged (title does not match the file name) and thus cause confusion. Can you possibly check that?

That would also explain why the progress window later shows a different order of files, since it only shows the file names and not the title information.