Crashing as soon as burning starts

Guest Simon

The program crashes now as soon as I start to burn a CD from Wav files on my PC. I have uninstalled and redownloaded the program but it's the same. It was working fine but now seems to have a glitch. Help!

Can you give details on the crash? Is it a Windows error reporting dialog (provide error data)? Or CDBurnerXP's own error reporting? Need more details, preferably screenshots.

Guest niroc

I'm having the same problem, after years of successful use. As soon as I ask CDBurnerXP to do anything - create audio disc, copy disc - it shuts itself down.

Version 4.4.0.2838 and OS WinXP.

Guest niroc

Oh, OK .. it was the CD I was trying to copy. A different CD was OK. Odd that it would make the program crash without warning, though.

Guest Simon

It's a new Windows 7 PC. The error is a Windows Message. I used CDX fine in the morning and copied about 10 CDs worth of stuff from CDs I input via Windows Media Player. But as soon as I tried to burn some CDs from files already on my PC it didn't like it and crashed. It's not the burner, it must be something to do with Windows?

Preferably you provide me with screenshots of the Windows error window, in particular the extended error information. I may be able to comment on the issue then.

Guest simon

Unfortunately I don't know how to do screenshots. Can you point me in the right direction to find out how. never needed to before!

Guest Simon

Ok, I've now got a screenhot (it got 17% in this time). How do I send it to you? Can't see any attachment buttons,

Guest Simon
As guest, you couldn't upload attachments. Changed that just now.

Still not here. Shall I registe rbecause this is getting us nowhere!!

Guest simon
OK, can you then try to create a log file http://cdburnerxp.se/help/kb/18 and also post all of the "problem details"?

Hope this is what you want :

Description:

Stopped working

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: cdbxpp.exe

Application Version: 4.4.0.2838

Application Timestamp: 4ed801a5

Fault Module Name: CoreFLACDecoder.ax

Fault Module Version: 0.4.0.46

Fault Module Timestamp: 41222c86

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 00014e84

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 2057

Couldn't create log file. Can't find folder. Will look again when more time after the weekend!

OK, please try to create a log file if possible. Also it might be helpful if you could post the file(s) you burned (for large files, preferably upload them to megaupload.com or something like that). Maybe there is a specific file that does causes problems.

• 2 weeks later...