Sign in to follow this  
Guest kwong

flac incorrect bass.dll version

Guest kwong

My old copy of cdburnerxp worked great. I installed the latest one and now I can't burn .flac files.

Windows xp.

I get a popup saying 'incorrect BASS.DLL version (2.3 is required)

Hours searching Google finds lots of similar questions but no solution. I've reinstalled twice, including erasing the directory from Program Files.

thanks

bob

Please check the program files directory after setup. The file versions of all bass*.dll files should be 2.4.*. Also make sure that you actually deleted and checked the right program files directory.

Guest kwong

Thanks for the reply, but I've reinstalled several times now. Completely removed the old directory after 'uninstalling', used different registry cleaners. The Bass files are all 2.4.*

-bob

Guest kwong

I just found and installed an old version, 4.3.8.2631 and it works fine (no issue converting .flac source files.

Registry cleaners won't help. Maybe you have got CDBXP both installed in C:\Program files\ and C:\Program files (x86) if you got a 64 bit OS and need to delete both folders. After deleting the right program files directory and reinstalling, CDBXP will work.

Guest kwong

Though I'm happy with the old version for now, I did a complete search for any other versions - not that I had any doubts of which executable I was running. This particular machines is XP SP3 32bit. Only one program files directory. I even rebooted after uninstalling and before reinstalling just in case something was resident in memory or some active process. Are you sure you've seen the built in FLAC converter working in this version?

Anyway, thanks for your help.

-bob

Guest money objacu

The msg is in a tiny popup window and is exactly as stated in the first message. Now that I have the old version working (and having installed the new one about 8 times), I'd rather not do so again to get a screen image.

Thanks again,

bob

Just to add to this, I have the same issue when trying to burn audio CD's converted from MP3 files. I tried reloading including registry cleaners. (XP SP3 32bit).

It asks for version of BASS.DLL 2.3. It is actually V 2.4. I deleted v2.4 and replace it with v2.3 but then it says v 2.4 is needed it generates an error report and the program closes down.

My default MP3 and flac player is KMPlayer instead of Media player by MS.

Happy new year all

Registry cleaners won't help. It only matters what your program directory contains. Delete all files in the CDBXP dir, reinstall, and it should work.

Registry cleaners won't help. It only matters what your program directory contains. Delete all files in the CDBXP dir, reinstall, and it should work.

I did do that. I deleted all entries including the folder. Still didn't work! I am now using an old version 3.5... That works ok.

I also checked all other versions of bass.dll on the drive. They were all version 2.4, so, I assume??, up to date.

That is a bit strange. Can you possibly install CDBXP, ZIP the CDBurnerXP program files folder and upload it here? Then I can check if it works and if not what the issue is.

Hm, that's a bit strange. Can you please search your system for a file called "bass_aac.dll"? It seems to be located in a folder in which it shouldn't be. Please list all occurrence of the file, so I can check which ones are wrong.

Your program files directory is fine, and I can run it without a problem.

Please delete the first one. This file should not be located in the Windows folder. Maybe you installed an application that needs version 2.3, but in this case, the file should be located in the program's application folder.

I will also adjust CDBurnerXP so that it will no longer attempt to load this DLL from the Windows system folder.

Guest berioda governor

To followup on my original posts - maybe it will help further debug:

I have copies of some BASS*dll files in:

Program Files\WinLame

Program Files\ DSP-worx\DC-BassSource

So mine are not in a windows system directory, but seem to also be causing my trouble?

-bob

Guest Roger

Same problem and I'm a computer novice, I'm not ready to start messing with system folders