drive not detected

Guest gtwatson

Guest gtwatson

First, I can't get registered for this forum. The captcha is tough on my eyes and the audio didn't work for me. I may have registered before as gtwatson77459 but forgot my password.

Next, I read the explanation and followed the links in the long explanation. The link to the NERO site points to a Nero 6 and the earliest version is Nero 7 on the link so I can't find NeroBurnRights there.

My PC is pretty new and my OS is Win7-64. I have 2 DVD drives and the ASUS DRW-24B1ST is on your list. Neither drive is recognized for audio data cd mode, but both are seen in the Audio CD mode. I want to burn MP3's to a CD-R so I need the data mode to work. I realize it is some AHCI problem and I want to see how I can disable it when I want to burn the data CD.

I also have AnyDVD running from Slysoft if that makes any difference.

TIA

OK, I'll reply to my first post. Evidently, I did get registered as gtwatson77459 so forget about the first part of my problem. The registration kept asking for another captcha and I kept trying. Very confusing for an old man.

I went through the install again and ran it as administrator but I still get the drives not recognized for data CD's but they are there for Audio disks. I did a search for NeroBurnRights in google and found a spot on Nero to D/L it but I doubt it will fix my problem since I am the PC's administrator and installed your program as such.

So how do I disable AHCI so my drive will work?

First, Merry Christmas and thanks for a quick reply.

Second, I did read the topic and I'm sorry to be a PITA and I'm sure you get tired of newbies complaining about a free program. I did look at the Intel Matrix part and Win7 is not listed in their OS list as supported so I didn't try to D/L any of the versions. The Nero solution does not look like it is applicable and I will try to search to see how to disable the AHCI since that seems to be the problem.

I have D/L another burning program that looks like it will work, so I will check back here occasionally to see if the data burn problem has been fixed. I like the looks of your program and wanted to use it.

Win7 is not listed in their OS list as supported so I didn't try to D/L any of the versions.

Merry Christmas too, and the good news is that Win7 is actually supported. You can also use the "Rapid Storage Technology", basically the same. Have a look at the list again.

My Christmas present came early and the drives show up now. I installed the rapid storage technology from this location: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_ ... y〈=eng

After a couple of reboots the drives now show up. My AnyDVD driver still works. I use 1Click to burn DVDs and I had to re-identify my source and target drivers, but it looks like it will function as usual.

Thanks for all the tips.

For anyone following this thread, try the Intel Rapid Storage driver first for Win7-64. :D