Error 0x8004029E while trying to burn

I'm using CDBurnerXP 64 bit 4.4.28.38 under Windows 7 Professional 64bits with en-us as default locate. If I have some Cyrillic characters in the folder path, I'm receiving the error while trying to Burn Video DVD:

Exception from HRESULT: 0x8004029E

Having monitored file system activity, I saw that CDBurnsXP at some moment instead of Unicode path names starts using ASCII version which is not representable under the en-us locale. And instead of Cyrillic characters it starts using question mark ?:

P:\public\????? (40 ???)\2) ???????? ???????\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO while trying to read this file.

I hope the explanation is clear enough and would help to improve Unicode support for CDBurnerXP in future versions.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest george

Hi

I am getting the same error. There is nothing wrong with the blank DVD's which i am using.

Can you help?

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Sylar2015

Hi,

Having the same Error.

Was burning two Video DVD'S

When i wanted to burn Number 3 i got the Error.

Using German CDBurnerXP

My Path contains no ASCII Symbols.

• 3 weeks later...