Sign in to follow this  
Media-XE

Name Idea

I have seen already this thread: http://forum.cdburnerxp.se/viewtopic.php?t=4329

But actually, I wanted to ask about it and post in my own thread: what's with the name keeping here? Simpletons would first think this piece of software only burns CDs and only on Windows XP. - Most users don't bother from the start to find out what's the cool stuff in it, because Google doesn't like the naming either.

Major idea: it's a GREAT piece of software.

Suggestion: if a name change would be feasible, then "Disc Burner Professional" would sound more than GREAT!

proof: when you type this name "disc burner professional" in Google, the first result is this site anyway:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&site=&q=disc+burner+professional&btnK=Google+Search

URL working as of 9th of January, 2012.

A name change is not currently intended. Disc Burner Professional is not a good name though, too long, too generic, and the "professional" is bad because it implies there are different variants of the software available. I'm open for other suggestions though, maybe for the distant future.

Guest Feedback

You seriously need a new name!

You may as well be calling it CDBurner95 or CDBurnerWindows3.1 !

The name is awful!

Ok now for some ideas!

SwedBurn

CDburnDVD

ALLburner

Avoid names with double letters like burrn ... people will miscount.

Thanks for the program, but the name sucks and you look obtuse refusing to change it! Don't be pigheaded! You wouldn't walk around with food on your mouth or toilet paper on your shoe, so listen to the feedback already and do yourself a favor!

Best wishes!

Yep, I know that the current name is not perfect. A good suggestion still did not happen, I must admin I don't like your suggestions either ;)

Guest Guest

Ok let me think of a few more suggestions ... 30 ... read them a few times. If they all suck I will try one last time. If you like any, please state so, and maybe I can think of a variation.

BurnMe

Burn7

Burn8

BurnWin

FireMe

Fire7

Fire8

FlameOn

Torch

LightningStrike

OnFire

SweFire

SweLight

EarthALight

PlatterBurner

PlatterFlamer

PlatterDancer

RomFlame

RomOnFire

BlueFlame

VikingFire

VikingBurner

NordBurn

NordBlaze

NordLightRight

NordLight

NordTorch

AuroraBurn

AuroraFire

AuroraStar

Guest Guest

You should ...

... buy a newspaper, take any page, tape it to the door, get a dart, throw it at the newspaper, and there you have your new name! :)

Or you could call it:

crappy_named_burner :o

You spend so much effect creating a cool program and then give it some outdated name ... seriously ... if you don't see this as a problem, go see an optometrist!

All the best, I'll leave you to it. ;)

A name change as a few negative side effects, so it's not just changing the name and be done. I'd choose a different one now from the start, but I'm not going to change it now.