Sign in to follow this  
tbeat03

can't drag and drop audio files + the bass.dll problem.

Hi.

I've reinstalled earlier versions of cdburnerxp and also downloaded the bass.dll 2.3 and 2.4 versions and it didn't solve the problem. It still shows the pop up message and I can't drag and drop the files.

I've uninstalled and installed cdburnerxp and clean the registry with ccleaner many times, but it still comes witht the same problem. I'm using Win7.

Any solutions?

Thank you!

I was using the latest version. Now I got it uninstalled, since it wasn't working and I'm looking for a solution.

When I reinstalled cdburnerxp, I deleted its folder on Program Files.

Also, I've found the bass dll files on other folders at my pc and deleted them, and it also didn't work. It's odd 'cause it was working very well past weeks and there was nothing new installed through all these days.

Could you please tell me the exact version number anyway? I prefer people not telling me they use the "latest" version, since they are mistaken occasionally.

Also, can you post the exact error message? Maybe you are having a different issue.

I'm using 4.4.0.2905.

Now that's really odd, 'cause I tried to burn and it worked! But don't know why..

Also, I still can't drag and drop audio files through the program. Any help?

Can you also please post the exact error message? Do you have a bass_aac.dll in the CDBXP program files folder? If so, delete it and try again.

Well, it doesn't show any error messages, it simply appears the "not allowed" icon when I try to drag and drop and nothing more. I just have to search and add the files by the cdburnerxp browser.

No, I didn't find any bass_aac.dll file in the cdburnerxp folder

thanks

Does drag and drop of files work anywhere in your system? Can you for example open Notepad and drag a text file into it?

On Windows Explorer, yes. I never dragged a text to notepad, it works when it does ctrl+c + ctrl+v, but doing the same as picking a picking a file and drop to someplace else doesn't work.

No, I don't mean Ctrl+C/V. I mean using drag and drop to drag a file from Windows Explorer into the white area of Notepad to open the file. Does that work?

No, I don't mean Ctrl+C/V. I mean using drag and drop to drag a file from Windows Explorer into the white area of Notepad to open the file. Does that work?

oh yes, that works!

Hm, could you possible make a screenshot of how you drag and drop (indicate with an arrow in the image for example)? I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't work currently, so maybe you are actually doing something different to what I think.

I've tried, but printscreen button doesn't show the arrow when doing drag and drop. But it simply does show the arrow just like when you try to drag and drop to a non allowed area.

I'm pretty much out of ideas now. I checked the code, but it looks perfectly fine. There is nothing unusual in it and nothing that would prevent you from dragging files from Windows Explorer. I've also checked drag and drop on various OSes, and could not find an issue. Maybe you have other applications that run in the background interfere with drag and drop? Really can't think of anything else.

The only thing that seems strange to me is that in your screenshot it says "no compatible drives", so even if you compiled your audio disc, you wouldn't be able to burn it without a burning device.

I'm pretty much out of ideas now. I checked the code, but it looks perfectly fine. There is nothing unusual in it and nothing that would prevent you from dragging files from Windows Explorer. I've also checked drag and drop on various OSes, and could not find an issue. Maybe you have other applications that run in the background interfere with drag and drop? Really can't think of anything else.

The only thing that seems strange to me is that in your screenshot it says "no compatible drives", so even if you compiled your audio disc, you wouldn't be able to burn it without a burning device.

I really wanna know what other applications could be blocking this action. Now that I saw "no compatible drives" at the screenshot. Opening the program now it shows the drive and its letter.

I wouldn't like to format the pc just for this problem, but if there's no solution I'll have to do it.

EDIT: when I click on the cdburnerxp icon to open the program, it's been showing a message that translated to english is just like "do you wish that the follwing program makes alterations on this computer?" I tried to screencapture, but it doesn't work the printscreen button.

EDIT 2: tried to burn APE to audio cd and it showed a message that it could not burn a 14 track disc.

thanks!

I really wanna know what other applications could be blocking this action

I'd just check and close all running applications except CDBXP and see if that makes a difference.

I wouldn't like to format the pc just for this problem, but if there's no solution I'll have to do it.

I wouldn't do it just for this actually, can't you use copy and paste instead?

Or you can also try the Dropbox feature of CDBurnerXP to drag and drop files from Explorer. Does this work?

when I click on the cdburnerxp icon to open the program, it's been showing a message

That would happen when it launches an update of CDBurnerXP.

EDIT 2: tried to burn APE to audio cd and it showed a message that it could not burn a 14 track disc.

What exactly does the message say? 14 tracks is not a problem basically. Can you play the APE files fine with the CDBXP audio player?

So is it common that the message that appears when it launches cdburnerxp is an update everytime that I open the program?

Playing the ape files on cdburnerxp works, but when burning it, it's really slow on the "adding tracks to audio image".

I tried to burn again the 14 track cd and it worked now. That's odd.