[X] Inconsistent "No compatible drives" error

I've run into this problem on both my laptop and my main PC where a DVD writer does not show up in when trying to make a data disc; however, it shows up just fine when trying to make a DVD or audio CD, or vice versa where it won't show up as a compatible drive for a DVD but it does show up as a compatible drive for a data disc. It makes no sense to me how different parts of the same program act differently towards the same drive.

The most recent problem is with my laptop's drive, a TSSTcorp model TS-L633L, where the drive shows up just fine for a video DVD or audio CD but I get the "no compatible drive" error for a data DVD. This has been happening with multiple versions including the latest (v4.4.0.2905). Please get this fixed.

(And before anyone asks, I already removed the drive from the device tree and had Windows re-discover it with no change in the results.)

Well, that's what I get for not looking carefully enough.

Installing the RAID drivers on my laptop took care of the problem. It now sees the internal drive of my laptop for data. Time to file this one away in the back of my mind for recall later on

Ran into this problem CONSISTENTLY when installing on a cleanly installed, new 64 bit Win 7 SP1 system. There were no artifacts from earlier versions of CDBURNERXP. This problem did not happen with releases of CDBURNERXP prior to Nov. 15, 2011. Can I have a link to download an earlier version which works? The only way I can burn a disk with CDBURNERXP on this new system is to use CDBURNERXP to make an ISO image and then burn this ISO image to the disk with ISORecorder31x64. This is really a pain!

BTW,ISORecorder31x64 finds the drive and writes the image just fine.

• 2 months later...
Guest Eduardo

The problem is the same with the TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-U633J

Can you please fix it?

I really like the program!!! Don't want to change it!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest christian

yep, same problem. used this program for years. fine burning audio cds but won't work for data dvds.