Sign in to follow this  
Guest tweakit

Does the program update automatically?

Guest tweakit

I installed the program ver 4.3.8.2523 in March of 2011 (windows 7/64bit) but haven’t used it in a long time. Today clicked the icon and without warning it launched an update process installing ver 4.4.0.2905 and then opened the (new) program. Is this normal from the program to update itself without warning? :o

Now in "uninstall programs", I see both versions are installed. If I need to uninstall the program which one should I uninstall first or does it not matter?

Guest tweakit

Thanks for your response flo. The 2nd entry is not in the in the program files. It is in “Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features\Uninstall or change a program.” There I see both versions of CDBurnerXP listed as installed programs that can each be uninstalled.

Is this expected?

If I need to uninstall the program does it matter which version I uninstall first?

Which exact versions are listed there? It's not expected and it don't think it can happen usually. Uninstalling either of them will work, but not remove both entries in the control panel.

Guest tweakit

Flo:

Here’s what I see in “Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features\Uninstall or change a program:”

NAME INSTALLED ON SIZE VERSION

CDBurnerXP 3/13/2011 16.4MB 4.3.8.2523

CDBurnerXP 2/7/2012 17.8MB 4.4.0.2905

The first one is the version of the exe file the program was first installed from. I launched the program on 2/7/2012 and it immediately updated itself to the latest version 4.4.0.2905 before launching the program. The program seems to be working correctly but I get both entries in “Uninstall or change a program” just as shown above. So do you still think this is not normal and should I only uninstall one of them if I need to uninstall the program? Let me know and thanks.

Guest tweakit

I’m not certain what you mean by “the MSI package.” I keep the computer fully up to date if that helps. To install the program, I downloaded the installer file named “cdbxp_setup_4.3.8.2523.exe” from the cdburnerxp website and just installed it. I still have the exe file if it helps. Any other comments or suggestions?

Guest tweakit

So do you think it’s still unusual to have both entries found in “Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features\Uninstall or change a program?”

NAME INSTALLED ON SIZE VERSION

CDBurnerXP 3/13/2011 16.4MB 4.3.8.2523

CDBurnerXP 2/7/2012 17.8MB 4.4.0.2905