Sign in to follow this  
Guest D

Directory Monitoring software inquiry before I burn.

Guest D

Firstly, I want to say CDBurner Xp rocks hands down.

I use CDBurnerXP to burn all my directories of photographs on my picture server. I use the software to make ISO files of the dvd discs and blue ray discs so I can do data archiving. It works amazingly well.

I have an issue however, I need to find software that will monitor a specified directory to tell me what has been created. I have a specified directory that contains my photo graphs but I like to add to the same directory when I take new pictures. I do not like to create specific directories dated/time stamped to seperate ones that have been burned and that haven't.

I like to keep all files/folders in 1 specified folder and then have subfolders that are labeled properly.

When I go to burn however I need to compare all what is burned on discs to those in the specified folder. As I do not delete the burned files, I'm at a loss as to what I can do to save time so I'm not having to compare 40 DVD discs on average of files to whats on my hard drives.

Does anybody know of any file/folder monitoring software that would tell me what files/folders have been created and give me the ability to then take those files/folders and COPY that ENTIRE listing to another directory temporarily so I can back those up using CDBurner XP.

Well, you could set the "archive" flag for all files you burn and then use some method to only burn files that are not "archived". CDBurnerXP does not support that flag currently, but other tools may help with that.