Sign in to follow this  
Xplorer4x4

Can Not Import AAC Files using bass_aac

You running x86 or x64?

There are no explicit instructions on where to place the file as both Program Files and Program Files (x86) exist in x64 - try in latter i.e. folder c:\Program Files (x86)\CDBurnerXP as process is cdbxpp.exe *32 and where all other .dll files are located.

I have extracted the whole of the .zip archive to the suggested location as above and .mp4 files are imported properly.

You running x86 or x64?

There are no explicit instructions on where to place the file as both Program Files and Program Files (x86) exist in x64 - try in latter i.e. folder c:\Program Files (x86)\CDBurnerXP as process is cdbxpp.exe *32 and where all other .dll files are located.

I have extracted the whole of the .zip archive to the suggested location as above and .mp4 files are imported properly.

I am running Win 7 x64 with a 64 bit installed of CDBurnerXP so it installed in Program Files rather then the (x86) folder. I placed the ddl in the prior location, as there is no cdburnerxp in the x86 location. I will try a 32 bit install of the app. However let me make it clear, I am working with raw AAC streams, not AAC in an mp4 or m4a container, but for the sake of testing I did try renaming an .acc file to an mp4 or m4a extension to see if it owuld import. That was a fail.

Sorry for the lack of info previously. It was a quick post was I was in zombie mode as I call it(lack of sleep).

Thanks for your feedback on the problem.

Hi - just as an aside to this, I'm experiencing problems with 'invalid format' for .mp3 files on 4.4.0.2905.

I think you will find that the default download/install is 32-bit, just removed all older crud and re-installed, it's definately installed to C:\Program Files (x86) and nothing else. Older versions must have left behind or created the C:\Program Files entries.

Will post back when I have my own issue resolved, as this was definately working in older versions.

Well, there was nothing related to cdburner xp in the x86 folders. This was probably because I used the dedicated 64 bit installer rather then the standard installer. However I grabbed the 32 MSI installer this time, installed cdbxp and placed the bass_acc.dll in C:\Program Files(x86)\CDBurnerXP and I can import raw AAC streams just fine now. Thanks for the advice.

As for MP3 problems in 2905, I can import FLAC and MP3 just fine at this time.

Yep the alternate installers are a bit hidden ;) I been using the x64 builds for awhile now, but from what I can observe, the additional bass filters will not function properly under a 64bit install. In this app, I dont think much of a performance gain will be seen by using x64, so I will probably stick to x86. However, naturally running Win7x64 I originally figured why not go for the 64 bit version.

Thanks again for the tip on looking in to the 32 bit Program Files. Obviously it was not a fix, but it was the tip I needed to look in the right direction!

You are correct. It seems the bass_aac.dll is 32-bit only. I get a different error message when trying to register the dll with regsvr32 all the working dlls load but fail entry-point DLL server, the bass_aac.dll queries the windows version. I downloaded a little utility called inspect.exe and that seems to say the dll is 32-bit.

If you download http://www.un4seen.com/stuff/bass_aac-x64.zip and overwrite the dll and the lib file in the c sub-directory, it looks all good :)

This is on the 64-bit install BTW.