Sign in to follow this  

Writing error of unknown origin (1005)

After installing Service Pack for Windows XP, I have been unable to burn a CD in version 2. I upgraded to CDBURNERXP PRO latest version 3.0.113 last night, and I still get the same error message.

Writing Error: (3) Error occurred writing data to disc.

Writing error of unknown origin (1005)

Error Sense Data: SENSE KEY: 3 ASC: C ASCQ:0

my e-mail is mtflight@hotmail.com Thanks for any help. Otherwise I love the software! I just can't use it without failure.

The drive is a Sony CRX140E, the computer is a Sony Vaio PIII, running very fast. I even tried shutting down all software in the background.

Thanks,

Alex

Guest mtflight@hotmail.com

Writing CDs has always been tricky... hit or miss. Most of the time it works. Ever since the automatic update to Windows XP (SP), I have not been able to write a CD. The test run works, but when it's writing it gets partially done (up to 92% finished), then the disc is ejected and I get the error message.

I'm going to try the software that comes with Windows XP to see if I can write the CD. Meanwhile, any ideas?

Thanks,

Alex

Guest mtflight@hotmail.com

I tried the Windows XP software to burn the same CD. and it worked without error.

I am wondering what is going on then. Has anyone had the problem after XP Service Pack?

i want to add that i have the same kind of drive under a home buildt win2k system.

here i have a problem of it showing the incorrect size of empty media (tdk 700mb) and when i grabbed the 3.0.115 it at first run reported correct size so i got the burn going. after about 500% it bailed out with the same error as above. after that it have failed to see the tdk media as anything other then 600 size (or there about).

(the last guest post is mine)

i just did a test burning on a tdk plate with a file that would fit inside the reported size, useing mode2xa (i belive that was the option) and it burned fine. then when i reinserted the cd and told the software to continue the multisession disc it reported the total size as 700MB. im just shakeing my head in confusion here...

Guest isa

I am getting this problem everytime I try to burn a cd:

Writing Error: (3) Error occurred writing data to disc.

Unknowhn error- use extended data for more information (1051)

Error Sense Data: SENSE KEY: 5 ASC: C ASCQ:0

I already downloaded ASPI.exe (and followed the steps).

How can I make it to work?. Pls help!!

Thanks

Isabel