Guest ETL

Add RTL UI to Hebrew&Arabic users + link to cdburnerxp website + "About" window

Guest ETL

Hi all,

For some time I've updated the Portable version of CDBurnerXP over and over again, and I've noticed a few MUST options/features that should be in CDBurnerXP:

1. Add RTL UI to Hebrew&Arabic users. In the current version the Hebrew/Arabic words are incorrently shown with the english words.

For example-

לדיסק ISO מאפשר לך לצרוב קובצי

is shown as-

מאפשר לך לצרוב קובצי ISO לדיסק.

And besides, RTL is how it is suppose to be in Hebrew/Arabic language :)

2. I think there should be a small place for a link to CDBurnerXP main website. Perhaps in the About window (see 3#), and maybe it could be at the top of the main window.

3. I can't see an About window! and it is also a MUST. How about credits? links to CDBurnerXP website (see 2#)? thanks? CDBurnerXP's version number?

Or.. maybe I can't see the About window?

The about window is available in the audio or data burning area.

In regard to RTL: I once made a try providing an RTL UI based on the feedback of a person who needed it, he said it wasn't quite right but didn't provide any further input so far. So I left the topic alone for now.

Guest ETL

1. I see. But I think it's inappropriate. It should be in the main window as well.

Oh and by the way.. I see there the link to the website but it is unclickable.. so what's the point? :)

BTW #2: It takes too much time for the subtitles to repeat themselves.

2. What additional info do you require?

Thanks.

I'm not going to spend time on the about window, but I will get back to you in reagrd to RTF later. Got some other issues to take care of ATM.

Guest ETL

Hmm.

The entire GUI can still be LTR, I think it's fine that way. But the sentences should appear as RTL.

Take an example from Glary Utilities Hebrew mode:

62252345.png

The interface itself is LTR, but the words are shown as RTL (I'm not sure it's a good example though).

Guest ETL

Damn it. :angry:

I've got a good example from BurnAware Free-

41149551.png

The-

לאיתחול ISO צור

should have appear as-

צור ISO לאתחול

if it was LTR UI.

As you can see, the interface is LTR (like Glary Utilites as posted earlier or like CDBurnerXP) but the words are shown as RTL.

Another example?

Look at the last option here-

72913008.png

The-

(בקרת הספק יעילה) OPC השתמש ב

should have appear as-

השתמש ב OPC (בקרת הספק יעילה)

if it was LTR UI.

Understood? ;)

Guest ETL

P.S.

My intention is not to change manually the words to RTL (as I did in the last posts), but to do it globally.

Something like (in HTML)-

<html dir="rtl">

השתמש ב OPC (בקרת הספק יעילה)

</html>

to the whole program if the system language is Arabic/Hebrew.

See what I mean? :o

Hm, that's not actually possible for me. If I only set the checkboxes to RTL for example, not only will the text change, but the checkbox will be on the other side too. There is no method to just reverse the text, except for changing the translation of the sentences.

Guest ETL

Oh man! I see.

Can you RTL the tooltips? This would be fine too.

At second look.. I think the picture you provided in post #6 would be fine, but I need to see it in Hebrew mode to confirm it.

And one more thing- in the main window, can you "mirror" the program? (except for the logo at the top)

Also change it to Tahoma font (for all languages, not just hebrew or arabic etc). It's ugly that way :(

I'd be glad to help as much as I can :)

Guest ETL

Woohoo! Almost perfect ^_^

In the first picture everything is fine except for the first line there. The "MP3-CD" should appear at the end of the sentence. And of course the second line should be translated, maybe I'll work on it (remind me where is the lng file to fix all the bad translations?).

In the second picture, the navigation pane + navigation in the disk parts should remain as they are in the current version (the navigation pane on the left & the files navigation on the right), unless you can make them appear like that-

35704889.png

The navigation here is RTL too. Same for the Disc navigation if you know what I mean.

The "שם", "גודל", "סוג" columns etc should appear as RTL too (the "שם" is the first from the right, "גודל" after it and so on). Example-

67852490.png

If it's possible for you then it's the perfect RTL that you can provide. :)

Of course there might be exceptions in other windows, I should see them too (BTW are you making beta versions? I'd like to check if there are some).

"for you people" LOL :D

It is unfortunate but we kinda got used to it. But it's NOT as it should be.

Take for example Firefox. In version 9 (I think) when it crashed, the window that appeared right after that (send report for diagnostics) was LTR and it was really ugly. Now it's RTL and much more comfortable for us to see it that way.

OK, how does that look?

In the first picture everything is fine except for the first line there. The "MP3-CD" should appear at the end of the sentence.

Don't have much influence on that. Maybe the translation needs to be changed. In regard to translations, check http://forum.cdburnerxp.se/index.php?/topic/1244-information-for-translation-of-cdburnerxp/

post-1-0-44619900-1333898766_thumb.png

Guest ETL

So................ cool!! :D

The navigation icons are RTL now. Weird. O_O

Fixable?

Don't forget to change the font in the whole program to Tahoma please.

Another issue is the used MB at the bottom:

1. I'm not sure if it should be in hebrew or english (MB vs. מ"ב). I think it should appear as MB

2. You forgot a space there after the used MB number.

3. RTL it too. And of course the used space (the green) also should be RTL.

Sorry for bothering you :P

Guest ETL
Maybe the translation needs to be changed.

No.. now that I took a look at the translation, the main window is not big enough to fit in :mad:

There are some missing strings in the Hebrew translation such as "Video DVD" option. How can I add it?

The navigation icons are RTL now. Weird. O_O

Fixable?

I guess not for now.

Don't forget to change the font in the whole program to Tahoma please.

I do not intend to change the default font currently. I'd need to further evaluate which fonts are most suitable for which OSes, under Vista and Win7 it should rather be Segoe UI I guess.

1. I'm not sure if it should be in hebrew or english (MB vs. מ"ב). I think it should appear as MB

If MB is translated in the translation, it will appear translated everywhere in the app. Not my decision to translate it ;)

3. RTL it too. And of course the used space (the green) also should be RTL.

That will require some manual work on my side, not now.

There are some missing strings in the Hebrew translation such as "Video DVD" option. How can I add it?

See my link posted earlier.

Guest ETL

I guess not for now.

"not for now" as it's not important right now or as it's not fixable?

I do not intend to change the default font currently. I'd need to further evaluate which fonts are most suitable for which OSes, under Vista and Win7 it should rather be Segoe UI I guess.

Well, Segoe UI is fine too :)

You may check also Lucida Console font.

Still, if Tahoma if suitable for all OSes as you said, it's the best choice. At least for me :)

P.S. What fonts CDBurnerXP is using currently?

If MB is translated in the translation, it will appear translated everywhere in the app. Not my decision to translate it ;)

Ohh.. I see. So it's my job now to fix it :D

That will require some manual work on my side, not now.

OK :)

See my link posted earlier.

Will do.

Guest ETL

Just started the translation.

It's gonna take a while :)

If there are missing strings, all I have to do is to add these lines? (example)

<data name="MsgBox.SaveDataCompilation" xml:space="preserve">

<value>סוגר תרכובת נתונים שלא נשמרה</value>

I keep seeing the phrase "&amp;", what should I do with it?

I think the translation tool would be nice and helpful, but the link is invalid :o

"not for now" as it's not important right now or as it's not fixable?

Need to check that first.

P.S. What fonts CDBurnerXP is using currently?

None in particular. Just the defaults, probably Arial/MS Sans Serif.

Guest ETL

Just started the translation.

It's gonna take a while :)

If there are missing strings, all I have to do is to add these lines? (example)

I keep seeing the phrase "&amp;", what should I do with it?

I think the translation tool would be nice and helpful, but the link is invalid :o

...?

I've got some problems translating sentences that I can't understand (LOL?) such as:

There are no compatible CD/DVD devices reported

There are no compatible CD/DVD recording devices reported

DVD-Video Layout

Load Segment

Caching To Disc

(my main problem is the word cache, caching etc

=\