Guest ETL

Add RTL UI to Hebrew&Arabic users + link to cdburnerxp website + "About" window

Guest ETL

64. Just as I thought. One more thing, can I change the "Only use a single unit for file sizes" to "Use a single unit for file sizes (KB)"? (and by the way I suggest you do the same)

73. a. Can I change the translation of "OK" to "Open", "Open" to "Load Compilation" (or project)?

As long as the meaning does not change, feel free to use a better wording ;)

73. Nope. The meaning of the words are more or less standardised in the Microsoft User Experience Guidlines. Don't invent something new, do it like all other applications to ensure that the terms are familiar to Windows users.

Guest ETL

64. Pay attention to the "(KB)". Still OK?

73. That's not new :o

Sometimes you need to ignore the regulations and follow the users comfort. Of course every language to itself. As israeli, I'm telling you with 100% that my people will understand it better than the current translation.

Convincing enough? :)

64. Yep.

73. If you truly believe other words are more appropriate, use them. But please check these with other applications, if there are none that use the same terms, your suggestion might be incorrect. I can only argue that neither the English nor German variant of your suggestion would be "conventional".

Guest ETL

73. Now you're talking more logically :)

Actually I didn't find any app that would match the scenario of having a feature and an external button to open it. Everywhere I look there's one or double click and you're in the feature.

But I did find in AVI Recomp 1.5.3 in Additions tab the string "Load subtitles" and "Load logo". And it's in hebrew & english by the way (I changed the language to check it [which gives me an idea- can you improve the language changing so the user wouldn't have to restart the app? Same as AVI Recomp]). I'm refering here to the "Open" string in CDBXP, which load a compilation. Exactly the same case :)

About the "OK" string I'm 100% positive that I am right. Although I haven't found (yet) an example.

Everywhere I look there's one or double click and you're in the feature.

You can do that in CDBXP as well. The OK button is just a redundant method for those who do not feel the double click affordance.

"Load subtitles" and "Load logo"

I don't think "load" is an appropriate term here. "Open" or "insert" seem better. "Load" is always a bit techy.

Guest ETL
You can do that in CDBXP as well. The OK button is just a redundant method for those who do not feel the double click affordance.

lol I knew that of course.

I don't think "load" is an appropriate term here. "Open" or "insert" seem better. "Load" is always a bit techy.

Perhaps. Maybe you think that way because that's how it's translated in german :) Same for me. It would be nice to ask a real english native about that.

Untill then.. can I translate it as "Load"? :D

Well, I don't need to be a native speaker to know that both "Open" and "OK" or the common expressions, I occasionally use English apps and the MS UX guidelines is also only available in English anyway.

"Load" my be less techy in your language, I'll leave that to you to decide.

Guest ETL

Of course "Open" and "OK" are common expressions! I didn't say they aren't. But they are not suitable for that case + it's not understandable in mu language. If you insists I'll let go :)

Woohoo! finally :)

Thanks.

- - - -

lol I can't change it :neutral:

The button size is the same after I changed the translation + half of the translation is not shown.

Instead of-

...טען תרכובת

I see-

טען

And if I write it without space I see-

טעןתרכובת

(And the 3 dots suppose to be there.

Guest ETL

Bug report for the latest beta version-

97977352.png

VS the current stable version-

12209704.png

I think this occurs because of question #74.

Guest ETL

Argh! so it must stay as "Open..." :(

"Load..." itself won't be understandable.

Unless.. unless you'll make the button auto size (?)

I marked the bug there with 2 arrows. The text is not shown correctly as it should be as in the second picture I posted (the stable build).

What is "not shown correctly"? You know I can't make sense of your letters. If you refer to the "colour" of the text, please try tomorrow's build again.

Guest ETL

86. "Delivers composite"- Where is it being used? And what does it mean? composite = compilation? And if so, why using compiste? :neutral:

87. "&Clear compilation"- There are 2 of those in the value, but only one in the ID. The other one is "Clear compilation".

Clear compilation = &Clear compilation

&Clear compilation = &Clear compilation

One of them is unnecessary.

86. Refers to an internal connector of the device. Don't ask me for more details ;)

87. Yeah, the first one seems unnecessary.

Guest ETL

86. Damn it. It seems I have to download translation of another language to understand the meaning of those undescribable strings V_V

87. Good :D Would you mind that I'll check the whole original english file and offer you all the cleanups I can find?

Guest ETL

lol! Nice to see the newest build with my translation :D

The shadows are gone, thanks.

53. I've decided to keep the translation of Compilation as Compilation. There are some places where Project would be more suitable but I want to maintain consistency (lol I used google translate for that phrase).

88. "Disable ISO version number extension (;1)"- I wanted to ask it a looooong time ago. Is the "(;1)" necessary? What does it refers to?

P.S. Can you please not to release the final stable build if the RTL is not ready as I'll say? I want it to be perfect :D

Guest ETL

P.S. #2: In here, make a mid-line to "Wrong pause lengths" (except if do didn't integrate the fixed version of StarBurn with CDBXP) + here make a mid-line to "burn to the brim". Why wouldn't you work on some of the features there? I think "auto-rename files for order","allow file links (InsertAliasFile())" and "choose pause length for tracks" would be easy for you to do.

88. I don't know the details either. Just a technical requirement for some discs.

PS: Erm, I guess not. A "perfect" RTL version will not happen until the next release.

#2: Don't spend too much time on the BTS, I do not update it currently anyway. I'm usually more concerned with bugs in third party components than bugs in CDBXP. I'll implement features based on the number of requests, so some features may be on the list for a while longer if they require more than 5 min. effort.

Guest ETL

88. lol, the ";1" is the technical requirement? I wasn't talking about the option itself.

P.S. #1: That's fine too. Inform me please when there will be a build with a complete RTL UI to test.

P.S. #2: Yep, you've got a point. auto-rename files for order and choose pause length for tracks takes more than 15 minutes? I thought they are easy to implement :o

Guest ETL

I'll be missing for a week and half. My grandfather passed away.

Until then.. farewell.