Guest ETL

Add RTL UI to Hebrew&Arabic users + link to cdburnerxp website + "About" window

I don't feel like adding an additional button for the print preview settings at this point, just use the "Print..." button if you need to change settings.

I don't feel like adding an additional button for the print preview settings at this point, just use the "Print..." button if you need to change settings.

I'm not saying you need to add another button. Simply when clicking the print button, the same window will appear (like the one in the normal printing).

*Sigh*

I don't want you to customize this window! Just add it. Currently it doesn't exists when you preview.

Ugh, the issue of the mirroring is 3/4 fixed. Same issue as before.

The mirroring itself- fixed. BUT! it's fixed only when you enter Data Disc first.

If you'll enter Audio Disc first (and run the app from the portable ZIP), you'll see a shadow behind the problematic text.

Tell me if you need pics and reproduction steps.

Umm.. bump?

I think I've seen a bit of progress in the last few versions but not something significant.

Any plans for the near future?

Thanks.

Yeah I know...will try to find some time to look into it. It's going to be busy days soon with Hyrule Warriors and Smash Brothers coming out  ;)

Which issues remain actually? I believe most of them are already fixed as far as I can see?

Glad you asked my friend! :)

The following are what remains to be done (most of it anyway), according to the lastest version of course:

1. Overburning (that's how it's called?) from the Data Disc function is not RTLed.

2. Import Session (from Data Disc) is not totally RTLed.

3. Boot Options (from Data Disc) also.

4. Some (and maybe a lot of) box messages and warnings aren't RTLed.

5. Device Information (from Data Disc) is shown incorrectly in the RTL version, regardless of the RTL GUI (which is fine there). If a picture is needed tell me.

6. Print Cover (from Data Disc) - the "Select cover type" section is not RTLed.

7. Video DVD RTL is messed up.

8. In Copy or grab disc, the "Time elapsed" in Copy Progress tab is partially hidden.

I may have more to add, that's the noticeable issues I've seen (after all, I'm checking this in 1:30AM! so tired).

5. Device Information (from Data Disc) is shown incorrectly in the RTL version

Do you mean that black bar at the bottom? I think you just need to shorten the translation appropriately.

About which dialog are you talking? Screenshot maybe?

PHhQxS.png

Do you mean that black bar at the bottom? I think you just need to shorten the translation appropriately.

Yeah, thought so. Since "Buffer Underrun Protection" is not something you hear everyday, I translated it into hebrew and added the "(Buffer Underrun Protection)" afterwards.

Do you suggest to remove the English words or remove my translation? Not sure about this.

Thanks.

That depends on what is more commonly known in your country. Feel free to use the English words if people know what it means.

Hmm, good point. I'll change it and send you the updated lang file.

OK first three are done. What message boxes are not RTL'd?

Wow, you're asking me a difficult question.. It's hard to acknowledge all the non-RTL message boxes since I can't possibly reproduce all of them. But I'll try to reproduce as many as I can:

1. Open Data disc and click on "Burn" without having any files added to the compilation. This message box is not RTL'd.

2. Open Data disc and click File > Convert ISO image > without adding any file to the conversion, click "Convert to ISO". You'll have a message box that isn't RTL'd.

3. Same as #1 for Audio Disc.

4. Enter "Report DVD drive as working" (can't remember how it's called in english) while there's no internet connection and click report. This message is also not RTL'd.

5. Open Audio Disc and click Ctrl+S without adding any audio file. Same here.

6. (Not sure if this one is really non-RTL string or not) Open Burn ISO file and start burning without adding any file.

7. Same for starting burning process for copy or grab disc without having any disc in the drive.

8. (This one is not a message box issue, but a long standing RTL issue) Open Audio disc, the bar at the bottom (while there's no disc in the drive). The string there is not RTL'd.

9. Save an empty notepad as test.dxp or test.axp, go to the main window of CDBXP, click "Open Compilation" and navigate to that file. The message is not RTL'd.

10. Go to Convert ISO image, add a file that is currently being used by another application and try to convert.

11. The message boxes when you try to cancel burning process are not RTL'd.

12. Go to Disc Spanning without adding any files to the compilation (or with, just don't make it weigh more than a CD) and click "Split".

That's it for now. If I'll have more I'll post here :)

Open Data disc and click on "Burn" without having any files added to the compilation. This message box is not RTL'd.

How is it not? Looks pretty much RTL to me. I suppose that applies to the other message boxes as well.

How is it not? Looks pretty much RTL to me. I suppose that applies to the other message boxes as well.

http://prntscr.com/4pnaum

http://prntscr.com/4pnbhh

You see it has the same LTR pattern?

Same for all the others.

One more issue that I've just noticed ..

Why does CDBXP has different fonts in different windows?

For example, open in hebrew version of CDBXP data disc, open disc spanning window and then open "set disc labels". The font here and there isn't the same (and the one in "set disc labels" btw is much more appropriate).

And if possible, can you change the font in all CDBXP for that font?

I don't understand your screenshot. One looks good and the other does not. The one I think is correct is what CDBurnerXP looks like so what is the problem? Please also supply a screenshot of the fonts.

I don't understand your screenshot. One looks good and the other does not. The one I think is correct is what CDBurnerXP looks like so what is the problem? Please also supply a screenshot of the fonts.

The screenshots meant to say that both english and hebrew are LTR. I just wanted to show they look alike, hence the hebrew dialog isn't RTL'd :)

Screenshots:

http://prntscr.com/4po3s1

This one is the "set disc labels" window.

http://prntscr.com/4po4an

This is the boot options window.

If you take a close look at the buttons (cancel and ok) for each screenshot, they have different fonts (and the "set disc labels" window's font is much better).

I just wanted to show they look alike

Erm...no, they don't? One has buttons on the left, the other on the right. One has the icon left, the other right. So what exactly is the issue? I don't get it.

Erm...no, they don't? One has buttons on the left, the other on the right. One has the icon left, the other right. So what exactly is the issue? I don't get it.

Ah, now I see why you got confused. :wink:

The buttons and the icon are OK, but the text itself is LTR'd!

An example of perfect RTL message box (by all means):

http://prntscr.com/4pocnh