Guest ETL

Add RTL UI to Hebrew&Arabic users + link to cdburnerxp website + "About" window

Oh sorry I forgot that the button positions are swapped :-\

If the english version has them, your's should too. But they shouldn't wrap if in any way possible.

Can you rephrase "But they shouldn't wrap if in any way possible"?

You mean that it shouldn't get out of the button's borders?

It's nagging time! :P

Any change you can continue your work on some of the issues I've mentioned before? The most urgent ones, from earlier posts of mine:

4. The bottom black line where you can see how full is the disc (in data and audio disc) is not RTL'd. Same for when right-clicking them.

5. Because of devils.correspondence's post at google groups about the untranslated string, I noticed I've never seen this window!

This window is not RTL'd AT ALL in RTL languages:

YjseJgc.png

And here is the "Time elapsed" not aligned:

NLOBgx1.png

I also updated the hebrew language file. Sent via the site.

Thanks.

31 minutes ago, floele said:

Don't think I'll look into any other issue until the next release though.

That's to be expected (considering how old this thread is.. :))

On 28.3.2016 at 9:02 PM, floele said:

Don't think I'll look into any other issue until the next release though.

Ahm..

Also, an issue I've noticed just now:

Z60AteP.png

In Data / Audio disc, the table's headers aren't RTL'd (except the first one).

So in this example, "Size", "Type" and "Date modified" aren't RTL'd.

What's interesting is that also in the english version, there are some RTL'd headers (supposed to be LTR):

In Data disc, only "Size" is RTL'd

In Audio disc, "Duration" and "Bitrate" are RTL'd

Hm isn't that simply because only "size" is right-aligned in the English version? So in RTL it should be left aligned (not RTL'd actually), right?

7 minutes ago, floele said:

Hm isn't that simply because only "size" is right-aligned in the English version? So in RTL it should be left aligned (not RTL'd actually), right?

But that's not the case (and even if it was, why would it be RTL in the english version?):

Z60AteP.png

vs:

fj8m8hc.png

In Hebrew version: Only "Name" is RTL'd

In English version: Only "Size" is LTR'd

About the same goes for the Audio Disc:

bCQP7vL.png

vs:

QkrOXTx.png

Ahm.

I realize I may be a bother but this still needs to be addressed (unless the issue isn't really an issue and there's a reason for the table's headers to be LTR in RTL versions).

If that's too much of a headache, can you for now apply a RTL fix for the issue mentioned earlier?

4. The bottom black line where you can see how full is the disc (in data and audio disc) is not RTL'd. Same for when right-clicking them.

When I say to RTL the bottom black line I refer only to the usual text ("X minutes", "No usable disc present, assuming disc with {0} minutes capacity" etc), not to RTLing the graph itself (can I call it a graph?). The graph should remain as it is (unless you think otherwise).

On another note, can I translate:

No usable disc present, assuming disc with {0} minutes capacity

As this?

No usable disc present, CDBurnerXP will assume there's a disc with {0} minutes capacity

I fear my current translation to this string is incorrent and/or inaccurate.

I've uploaded the new translation file with the newly Blu-Ray strings, but I'll need to re-upload a new one again later. I've made some adjustments.

Thanks.

On 9.6.2016 at 6:51 PM, ItielMaN said:

As this?

Yes.

The column alignment issue will be fixed for the next version. Looks like the .NET framework does some nasty conversions in the background which pretty much destroy the original intended column layout :-\

At some point, they only convert from left to right but not vice versa, which explains - along with the fact that the first column can only be "left" - the seemingly inconsistent behaviour.

On 11.6.2016 at 5:53 PM, floele said:

Yes.

The column alignment issue will be fixed for the next version. Looks like the .NET framework does some nasty conversions in the background which pretty much destroy the original intended column layout :-\

At some point, they only convert from left to right but not vice versa, which explains - along with the fact that the first column can only be "left" - the seemingly inconsistent behaviour.

Thanks, but it seems it is partially fixed in build 6209.

In Audio disc, "Duration" and "Bitrate" are still aligned to the left, same goes for "Size" in Data disc.

The english version suffers from the same issue BTW (same columns mentioned above are RTL'd, not LTR'd).

Though I'm not sure if that's intentional or not (?).

2 minutes ago, floele said:

It's completely intentional that some columns are right-aligned (which is something different than RTL).

Not sure why but.. okay, thanks :)

Waiting for other fixes to come.

1. In the "Could not generate image for printing" string, I suppose "image" here refers to a picture, when printing a CD cover?

2. The newly added string "{0} track(s) could not be added to the audio image. Burn disc anyway?" seems to appear twice in the strings file, the other one is without the "Burn disc anyway?" at the end. Is that intended?