Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tom

[X] Installer - disable update check by default

Guest Tom

The update check is in the user options and is turned on by default. When the user running the software is not an administrator on the machine, having it check for and prompt to download/install a new version is useless to that user.

Unless I have missed where this can be done, it would be nice to have either a way at install time to make the default option be to not check for updates automatically, or to just have it unchecked by default for a non-admin user.

Non admin users (in Win7 and Vista) can elevate the setup procedure to update CDBurnerXP. The application cannot know whether or not the current user has access to an admin account, so I won't make any assumptions on that. Disable the feature if it doesn't apply manually.

Guest Tom

Not running the update check for non-admins was just an option I threw out. I can understand your reasons for not wanting to do that.

All I really want is a way for an administrator to set a default setting, either at install time (with a command line option or in the silent install answer file) or a default config file that can be modified so that the first time a user runs the software they get the settings we want them to get, in this case the update check turned off. If one of those options exist already, great. I just need someone to tell me how to implement it.