Sign in to follow this  
ineedbrainz

CDBurnerXP and TDK CD-RW

Today, I decided, due to unexpected problems, to format my computer. Therefore, I burned an image using the ISO option in the menu, to a TDK CD-RW(4x-12x). At first, I used Finalize disk option and 10x speed accidentally, so I waited till it was finished and then I erased it using the CDBurnerXP option. After that, I tried burning it again, now at 4x speed and with finalize disk ticked, it was completed, I reboot my computer and the drive keeps doing a weird sound instead of reading it.

(Note: Not only the BIOS fails to find a CD, but also Windows too.)

Because the BIOS failed, I used the boot windows options. Little did I know, that the disk will not be recognised at all. I open CDBurnerXP, inject the CD-RW, click the erase option and it keeps saying that there is no CD injected. I have tried lots of solutions, including editing the registry and stuff but nothing seems to work. Now I wonder, is there a possibility that the CD-RW did not finalize properly, thus making it corrupted(power of suggestion not intended)? If so, is there a way to restore it? Last but not least, the finalize disk option is needed to burn a ISO image to make it bootable right?

Quick Edit: All options were left to default except for writing speed.

Edit No. 2: I checked if it was a hardware problem, so I injected a DVD-R and it worked perfectly.

Thank you.

I really hope I do not have to go out and buy a new one, I went through hell. My bike tyre became flat as soon as I went to the store, and I had to go back walking with the bike with 35 Celcius :P

OK, then your CD-RW probably got or is damaged. Might not actually be releated to the burning process. Did you check its surface?

Yeah.. I just bought it a few hours ago.. it is as clean as a whistle....

Update: I just burned a new CD-RW(CDburnerxp again,default settings,4x speed). After I removed it and restarted the computer it is no longer recognised too. :(

That is really strange. I've never seen before that a burning app makes new discs unusable.

Maybe you can check the beta version?

Does it recognise the CD-RW and is it able to erase it?

That is really strange. I've never seen before that a burning app makes new discs unusable.

Does it recognise the CD-RW and is it able to erase it?

Hmm... I found the root of the problem. It was either the driver/bios. I used another computer and it recognised the burned cd-rw, but it was empty(even if it was burned with an image), so I erased it from the other computer. Plus, my bios, is made by faggots, therefore I have to change mode for CD-R/CD-RW and DVD's. First time in my life I see such a compatibility problem by bios firmware. I guess laptop optical drivers are not the best. :P

No after burning it was unrecognised...

Anyway, now it is fixed :D