Sign in to follow this  
LordThing

Drag/Drop files directly to CD from Explorer

I can't seem to find a thread/information if this is possible, but I do have some more novice users that I would like to give this program to. Any chance you either have or will impliment a drag/drop capabilities through explorer? Sort of like a Adaptec direct cd or something.

I can't seem to find a thread/information if this is possible, but I do have some more novice users that I would like to give this program to. Any chance you either have or will impliment a drag/drop capabilities through explorer? Sort of like a Adaptec direct cd or something.

Of course, Windows XP has this capability natively.

I've heard bad things about DirectCD

They don't burn immediately when sent to the drive. Windows gives you the opportunity to rename/organize them as if the CD is a folder on your hard drive. When you are ready, you right-click the drive or an empty area of the directory and choose "Write these files to CD...", or choose it from the Common Tasks area.

In short, Windows XP does allow you to use the "Send to>" context menu or drag/drop files to the recordable drive. Only one extra step is required to actually write them. Actually, I think this is better than writing the files instantly because it avoids some of user accidents.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.