Sign in to follow this  
meatwork

Erase DVD9

I have some DVD+R DL 8.5GB discs which were written to from a 4GB ISO file. (on different pcs and win xp and 7)

When try erase them says Present is "Not re-writable (DVD+R Dual Layer)" (on different pcs and win xp and 7)

Drive 1: PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-109

Drive 2:HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GMA-4082N

Drive 3:HL-DT-ST DVD+RW GH70N

Discs say used space is 4.07GB, Free 0

Discs were written with both Drives 1 and 3.

None of drives can erase.

Is there any way ti erase them ?

TIA.

then sort of logo with:

RW

DVD+R DL

That is conflicting. Either it is R or it is RW, but it can't be both. Since CDBXP says "DVD+R" it is most likely that you cannot erase the disc.

Nope, that is not erasable. Don't know why they put an RW logo bottom right, but in this case I'd say the large letters can be prioritised.

I actually think there are no RW DL media at all, at least I can't find any on Amazon.

Quote wikipedia:

Dual layer

A dual-layer DVD+RW specification was approved in March 2006 with a capacity of 8.5 GB.[2] However, manufacturing support for rewritable dual-layer discs did not materialize due to cost and expected competition from newer formats such as Blu-ray, which provides up to 25 GB on a single layer.