Kawboy

Stops burn after 60%

Hello, new to the forum, and finally trying CDburnerXP. I have a I5 Quad Core HP with Windows 7 professional. I can copy the CD image and start to burn it, but after 60% it ejects the CD and gives me the following error message. I started with the 4.41 version and updated to 4.5 Beta, and still have the same problem. I lost 4 discs trying to get this to work. What am I doing wrong, or what should I do?

post-56692-0-69654200-1346013052_thumb.j

When I tried this time, CDBurner seemed to freeze, the DVD is still running and will not stop until I restart (this happened before too). I attached the log file for this incident to this post, I will try again to do the burn where it stops at 60% and note that log file.

StarBurn.log

After the previous mentioned freeze, I had to completely shut down the computer, restart, delete all temp files. And....... then it worked! One disc copied, will try more and see what happens. Thanks, but don't know what the problem was with the first several tries. :shock:

Alright, after my one successful burn, I tried another disc. It coppied fine, then would not burn at all. The program CDburner stopped responding again. I tried to attach the log file, but it was too big. Hope this can be figured out, as it is getting frustrating.

Edited by Kawboy

Sorry about the empty file, didn't check it, but I will this one.

Just tried again, and this time was 96% completed then got the error that the inserted media was either incorrect for the drive (wasn't) or was of poor quality (Memorex is in trouble then, haven't had this kind of problem much before). Hopefully this log file will help expose what the actual problem is.

StarBurn.zip

Sure, there is something amiss with this drive anyway it appears. It is supposed to be a Lightscribe enabled drive also, but is not reconized as that. It's a fairly new computer so will be going back to the shop to check on this. I will report back when I get it back. Will be a few days as I need to do some things this weekend before it's taken in. Thanks.

Ok, got the computer back. They replaced the DVD/CD drive with a new one, and so far I've only burned one CD, but it worked and acted much differently than the old drive so I'm hoping. Will let you know if things act up again, otherwise, it appears it was a bad drive- and that was on a new computer. Thanks so much for your help! :yes:

Hello, new to the forum, and finally trying CDburnerXP. I have a I5 Quad Core HP with Windows 7 professional. I can copy the CD image and start to burn it, but after 60% it ejects the CD and gives me the following error message. I started with the 4.41 version and updated to 4.5 Beta, and still have the same problem. I lost 4 discs trying to get this to work. What am I doing wrong, or what should I do?

attachicon.gifCDburnererror.jpg

Yes, this is the very same error message I receive when I attempt to burn an audio cd with CDBurnerXP. Happens every time. The burning process proceeds for around a minute or so, then abruptly cleases, revealing that error message on the screen. Yet, at the same time, I am able to burn data cds with CDBurnerXP. Quite mysterious, indeed.

And more--I am also unable to burn audio cds with my Honestech Fireman program. Same with Nero Express, which I deleted from my system not long ago. I've tried a number of other cd burning programs available on the net--with the very same results. I am unable to burn audio cds with them.

And yet more--The only two programs on my computer that allow audio cd burning are Windows Media Player and RealPlayer. Go figure. I am also able to burn mp3 cds with Windows Media Player. My free RealPlayer version does not allow burning mp3 cds.

So. somebody, please explain what's going on here. All of these problems with burning audio cds cropped up only in very recent times, within the last three months, I'd say.

The Acoustic Guitar Solitaire Of Inyo (I play 30 solo, acoustic, instrumental 6-string guitar versions of some of my favorite songs--it's all free music)

http://inyo.coffeecup.com/site/music/inyocybercd.html

Hi to all, I've the same problem during the attempt of burn.

I've used CdburnerXp 4.5.1.4003, on Pioneer BDR-TD05AS, Windows 8.

Until a week ago has worked good until I've tried to make an audio cd.

First of all, first strange thing: I've putted a cd and it makes this error:

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/2858/d35n.jpg

I follow and suddenly it stopped to burn on the second track and it makes this error:

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/9939/vrw4.jpg

I've uninstalled and tried with the older version of Cdburnerxp: nothing. Any solution?

Thank you floele! I've tried and cdburnerxp has given the same error. I don't think it would be a drive defect because when I try to burn a audio cd with Ashampoo Burning Studio 6 free it was perfect, without error.

I don't know why cdburnerxp has started with those errors... It can be a update of Windows 8?