[X] 4.5.0.3543 makes coasters after 2-3 burns on 1 cdr

add file a

burn

add later version of file a (replace operation)

burn

add file b

burn

add complete set of files with folder trees (replace and add operation)

burn

[fail with message that media is "bad" (wrong)]

using taiyo yuden media, and liteon ihap422 burner, pristine, new DVD burner, so should work on ANY burner, and should work for about 20-30 small burns.

program has bug, not the media.

• 3 weeks later...

after adding file b, on MY machine with current version, I get:

CDBurnerXP

The data has been written correctly to the disc, but the number of files does not match the expected file count. most likely, the file system structure has not been written correctly and some files will not appear on the disc.

Expected file count: 3

Actual File count: 2

when I say "add later version of file a (replace operation)", I mean change the file content of file a and re-drag the file, and choose replace. so steps should more accurately read:

add file a

burn

change the file content of file a and re-drag the file, and choose replace.

burn

add file b

burn [may give error dialog here]

add complete set of files with folder trees (replace and add operation)

burn

[fail with message that media is "bad" (wrong)]

as I said before, it appears to be a flaky bug. maybe it likes windows 7 better than Windows XP. I have Windows XP Pro SP3 32-bit, as are all the machines in this house running this program.

after adding file b, on MY machine with current version, I get:

CDBurnerXP

The data has been written correctly to the disc, but the number of files does not match the expected file count. most likely, the file system structure has not been written correctly and some files will not appear on the disc.

Expected file count: 3

Actual File count: 2

Then you are not using 4.5.

oops. accidentally got different version in between uses. my bad.

current beta seems to handle everything just great, so you can close this bug I think. I think I went through about 3-4 file changes and about 7 burns.

howEVER,I had to close the program in order to change a file, because it was locking the files in the compliation and holding it OPEN. not good. I think that's something that needs to be fixed if possible, unless this is intended to prevent such changes during the cd burning.

I was hoping to keep the burning program open, change the file and save file, re-drag and burn. but it looks like it is not going to be that simple anymore. but I understand this decision completely. it helps to size the compilation I suppose.

OPEN. not good.

Actually prevents people from deleting files before burning and then complaining that their files were not burned (and now deleted entirely).

It's a good thing that access to files you are about to burn is blocked in my opinion.

Good to know your problem is fixed!