Sign in to follow this  
ChrisHESS

Multisession

Hello,

I have the version 4.5.0.3661 where the multisession of importation does not go any more. The DVD5 is engraved, but the reimportation of the data tells me that it is not continuable… (it is not burnering by cdburnerXP). Before the update, it went well, but since the update, that does not go any more.I paid attention well not to close the writing, I left the disc open to the writing.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards

ChrisHESS

PS: the picture text is in french.

post-57084-0-66840500-1355517539_thumb.j

CDBurnerXP is an outstanding program and I hate to raise an issue. . . but I can't figure a way out of a similar problem.

Using version 4.5.0.3685, I want to burn two separate files, together 610 MB, but I need to burn them two days apart.

No problem. I click "continue disk and follow through. The burner writes the first file and closes the disk (at least that's what it tells me it is doing.) Later, when I want to add the second file, the burner tells me I have enough free disk space and proceeds to write the second file. Of course, when setting up to write the second file, I ask the burner to close the disk.

Later, if I try to read the two files I have burned (and the disk is almost totally engraved) "MY COMPUTER" in Win 7 can only access and display the second file written to the disk.

Something is wrong with my actions or with the burner. I hate to sound like a really dumb newbie but I'm stumped!

Can anyone help?

Sorry to sound so stupid but what does it mean to "import a previous session"? Seems to me that it's already on the disk. Why import something that's already done?

I suspect that I'm suffering from some misunderstanding regarding exactly how to create a multi-session disk. I don't recall any instructions to "import" what's already on an incomplete (and still open) disk. I will truly appreciate an explanation. Thanks.

pixmaker

Thank you! Thank you! I got the picture at last. Just because the CONTINUE DISC box is already checked, does not mean it will be done that way. Ya gotta check the Box! (Sound of palm of hand hitting forehead.) I must be either overworked or too anxious.

Than ks for your patience,

pixmaker

Just because the CONTINUE DISC box is already checked, does not mean it will be done that way. Ya gotta check the Box!

Huh? Why do you need to check it if it's already checked?

It should work, but there may be other problems during the import process that cannot be distinguished at this point. You could create a log file for further investigation if necessary.