Sign in to follow this  
oogla

File locks since upgrading.

After allowing CDBurnerXP to upgrade to 4.5.0.3685 today I'm seeing file locking problems after a burn. Once the data DVD burn and verify complete and I'm back to the main GUI window, I can no longer the delete files that I just burned from my hard drive until I exit out of CDBurnerXP. If I try to delete a file I just burned, Windows says the file is in use. Unlocker shows that CDBurnerXP is holding the file lock.

Closing the compilation is not sufficient to free the locks, I have to completely exit CDBurnerXP before I can delete the files. This worked fine prior to upgrading today, though I'm not sure what version I was at before. I think the last time I let CDBurnerXP update was a couple of months ago.

This is on Windows XP Pro SP3 32bit.

Anyone else having this problem? Is there any workaround? Thanks!

Thank you for the response. I backlevelled to an older release for the time being as the change in behavior was making every disk burn take several more steps. Not a major issue, but somewhat annoying.

Hello, thanks for the reply. It was always handy to delete the files I burned in the top (explorer-like) section of CDBurnerXP while still having the compilation in the bottom section to refer to to see what files I had just burned. Particularly when burning a large number of smaller files from multiple directories where I'm not burning all of the files from those directories.

As it is now with the file locks, I have to close the CDBurnerXP (or the compilation, as you suggest). I then open an explorer window to display the contents of the DVD, and another to navigate around my hard drive deleting files. Like I said, it's not a major problem, just a change from how things used to work that I find annoying.

CDBurnerXP is still an amazing piece of software.

OK. I see what you are trying to do, but at the same time we also have users who accidentially delete files before starting the burning process, which then results in a failure. In general, I consider locking to be the safer option.