Llaves

Copying DVD returns immediately, copying nothing

I just installed CDBurnerXP (latest download from site) on a new laptop running Win7. When I insert the data DVD in question into the drive, Windows Explorer correctly lists the content.When I tried to copy the DVD (which was written on the same laptop) CDBurnerXP returns almost immediately with "success", having copied nothing. The drive is recognized and listed as both the source and destination drive. It's a Matshita BD-MLT UJJ260. Does this failure mode indicate an unsupported drive? Anything else I can check? Thanks.

I was trying to copy a data disk, 3.4G of data. The source disk was a DVD+RW.

I ended up copying the disk with another program. Using the copied disk (a DVD+R), I am able to copy to .iso on hard disk. I also started a DVD to DVD copy using the DVD+R source and that seems to be running fine (it doesn't cancel out after a few seconds like it did before).

This leads me to wonder if somehow the issue is related to the source disk being a DVD+RW. Maybe it tries to open the disk for writing while beginning to read and sees the disk as full?

The source disk was not copy protected, it was a data disk that I had made from files on my laptop. Also, the problem disappeared when the source disk was a DVD+R instead of a DVD+RW, but otherwise contained the same data.