Sign in to follow this  
Tron04

700MB Disc only detected as 689MB

Hello,

I tried to burn 698 MB of data to a 700MB CD-RW disc.

But CDBurnerXP (current 4.5.0.3717 version) only detects this disc as about 689 MB free and says there is not enough space left.

Tried also other CD-RW empty discs from other brands, but none of them is being reported with 700 MB free.

Windows 7 itself reports the disc with 700MB free.

I am also able to use another program to burn the 698 MB of data to this disc.

Can you please check where the problem is?

I was so happy to switch back to cdburnerxp with its good version 4.5.x and the new burn engine. But for now I have to go back to that other bulky program... (*sigh*)

Update: I see there is already a thread here: "Volume Size Calculation Bug". So I guess this is the same issue.

Is the fix dependent on you floele or is it a starburn thing?

It's not a bug. You can never use the full 700MB for burning based on the raw file size. It's jus a question whether the 11MB ovehread can be reduced a little.

All my other burning programs could successully burn the 698MB compilation. Only CDBurnerXP is the only App which sees this reduced size and refuses to burn the compilation.

And I am not talking about overburning...

Hello and first sorry for my english...

I've got this problem too with the last version... It's impossible for me to burn more than 689MB of data on a 700MB CD...

Previous version didn't have this problem, i'm now running an old version of CDBurnerXP (4.4.1.3099) and it works without any problem...

Can you make something???

Thank you

All my other burning programs could successully burn the 698MB compilation. Only CDBurnerXP is the only App which sees this reduced size and refuses to burn the compilation.

And I am not talking about overburning...

I had exactly the same problem with a DVD+RW - the ISO would burn with another app but CDBurnerXP reported that there was not enough space.

DrT

I saw the same problem today, after upgrading to the latest version. Try to write CDRW 698 MB ... CDBurnerXP does not do it (version 4.5.1.3868). Well, that kept the program version 4.4.2.3442. She recorded with no problems!

In connection with this request for you: let's you to download the previous version on the site!

Specifically registered to make this post.

Sorry for my English! )))

I think, found the problem. In version 4.4 ... when you push the button "Burn" menu appears: "finalize the disc" or "leave it open." In version 4.5 ... this menu does not appear, and is an error that the seats are not enough! In Nero, if you do not check "to finalize the disc," also leaves a message saying that the disk space is not enough!

Once again, please forgive me for my english ...