Sign in to follow this  
Ichinisan

Error message when burning ISO...drive incompatibility?

Just when the burn process appears to be complete, I get this message:

---------------------------

CDBurnerXP Pro 3 - Critical

Writing Error: (3) Error closing session

No additional error data was reported (1000).

Error Sense Data: SENSE KEY: 0 ASC: 0 ASCQ: 0

OK

After dismissing it by clicking "OK", it returns to the ISO burning dialog and the "Time Elapsed" continues to increase.

cdbxp_error_00.jpg

Clicking "Cancel Write" prompts me to confirm ("Are you sure?"). I choose "Yes". Then the Cancel button is disabled and "Closing session..." changes to "Aborting write, please wait...". The elapsed time indicator continues to increase.

cdbxp_error_01.jpg

The only way to close the window is to end-process with the Task Manager. I have tested this multiple times now, and it does the same whether the "Finalize Disc" option is selected or not.

The disc seems to work fine and even tries to boot when I restart my computer, but I won't have the opportunity to fully test it until I install Windows XP from the disc.

If it really failed to finalize the disc, would it have problems with some older machines?

Is there a way to verify data after a disc has already been burned?

If this is a drive compatibility issue, my current drive is a LITE-ON LDW-401S DVD+RW/CD-RW drive.

I still get this problem with the Sept 30 release.

Also, Nero and Windows' built-in support both report that "No further writing is possible", so I guess the finalization actually was successful, even with the discs for which I did not select the "finalize" option. Is finalization part of the ISO content, or independent?

This is precisely the same error I am getting in version 116 software with a NEC-ND3500AG. It happens much earlier, though, after burning only 7% of the ISO. There are a few other write-error/SENSE-KEY posts on the forum, I wonder if they're all related.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.