StarBurn.dll Wrong version on update CDBurnerXP to 4.5.0.3717(MSI)

Hi,

I'm trying to update CDBurnerXP from version cdbxp_setup_4.3.8.2568(also tried for other versions:4.3.8.2560, 4.3.2.2212 with the same result) to latest version 4.5.0.3717 using MSI system and I've got the following error:"Wrong version of StarBurn.dll, version expected 20100110 current version 20120910", when I hit the OK button installation rolls back and delete some of the exe's and dll's(not all of them) so the installation gets corrupted. If I don't hit OK installation won't finish, remains in pending state.

Please check the attachment. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks,

post-57319-0-95652500-1359546672_thumb.p

FYI: if you buy a Samsung phone and install their KIES software on your PC so that you can interact with your phone, the KIES software installs a version of Starburn. This may be causing a conflict.

• 2 weeks later...

I faced the same problem. What I did to solve it was renaming "C:\Program Files (x86)\CDBurnerXP\StarBurn.dll" (on x64 system) or "C:\Program Files\CDBurnerXP\StarBurn.dll" (on x86 system) to "StarBurn.dll.bak" before I launched the upgrade process. Depending on the result of the update process, I either delete the file (update successfull) or rename it back to its original name (update failed).

This problem is really annoying because it prevents users from uninstalling the software... On Windows 8 x64, the message box appears but if you click "Ok", the uninstaller hangs. In this case, just delete the DLL file I am talking about in my previous message.

• 8 months later...

About a week ago I started getting the same error as Bobi when starting up my PC.  I did nothing as far as trying to update Starburn, so I don't understand why I would be getting this error.

I did some researchand thought of trying to unintall and installing the latest version, but from what I see on the website, it is payware.  As far as I know, Starburn came with my Windows 7 Pro OS.  Would this be correct.  If so, how to update Starburn to accept the new .dll file?

Thanks,

Mike

No StarBurn is included in CDBurnerXP and free (for users of CDBurnerXP at least). If you have the error you are seeing above, you should only try re-installing CDBurnerXP. If that fails for whatever reason, we have to look into that further.

Also, if you are using the MSI installer: Don't (unless you know what you are doing).