Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040275

Yeah. That's my problem right there ^

Im on Windows XP SP2 Professional and Im trying to burn a 8.5 GB Dual Layer Data DVD. When I press "Burn" to burn the damn thing, it says "Preparing to write disc" for 3 minutes, then I get an error saying "Error occured: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040275".

What is the problem here?

EDIT - Ive tried burning the same project on 5 different programs now. All of them free, none is Nero. But that shouldn't make a difference. And NONE of them work. What's going on here? I used to be able to burn Xbox 360 games just a few months ago so burning Dual Layer DVDs is something my DVD burner is supposed to handle!

If 5 different applications fail, it would indicate that there is either something wrong with your ISO image (I suppose it is ISO?) or a defect with your drive.

No, it is not an ISO. It is a DATA DVD I am trying to burn. Does this mean that my DVD burner is broken?

I have the model HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GWA-4166B. Apparently many people have had problems with this one. >_>

No, it is not an ISO. It is a DATA DVD I am trying to burn. Does this mean that my DVD burner is broken?

I have the model HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GWA-4166B. Apparently many people have had problems with this one. >_>

It is very likely that your DVD writer is broken, or that somehow you screwed the OS drivers for you ATA/SATA controller.

Does it *read* other media ? is it able to write audio or data CDs ?

• 11 months later...

Hi. Installed CDburnerXP 4.5.2.448. Currently using iomega superslim dvd external drive to create data DVD. An earlier version of CDburnerXP worked fine - this update does not work now. I am running Windows 7. 

The error I receive occurs approximately 20 secs into the burn process during "preparing to write disc...". 

Popup: Burning error occurred. An error occurred while burning the disc. Most likely the disc is not usable. Usually, these errors happen if the inserted media is not compatible to the drive or of poor quality.

Details: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040275.

I have used Maxell DVD-R with this drive and with this program multiple times with no issue. I have tried three different DVDs and they all produce the same error.

I have attached the log file.

Any help would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt that the update is at fault because there only changed very little in the application. Unless proven otherwise, I'd guess it's the hardware. Try burning with a different application and see if that fails too.

• 5 months later...

Thanks, I forwarded this info to StarBurn. Fixing such issues may take a while though. You can always try using different media or updating the firmware of your drive, maybe that makes a difference.

• 3 months later...

I have the same problem with writing on CD or DVD discs. My DVD ROM is PLDS DVD+-RW DU-8A5HH which should be compatible with CDBurnerXP (https://cdburnerxp.se/en/testeddrives?search=DVD%2B-RW+DU-8A5HH).

Few weeks ago CDBurnerXP was writing everything corectly, but from last week I'm getting HRESULT: 0x80040275 error.

I'm using clear Verbatim discs, the same as few weeks ago.

Do you have any solution?? I can't write anything.