Sign in to follow this  
Almama

The Starburn burning engine could not be initialised

I have an error message when opening cdburnerxp. I attached a screen of the error message.

The bug seems to have appeared all alone, no major change on my system. Running Windows 7 64bits. I was using ver.4.4.1.3341, tried uninstall/reinstall with no success.

Upgraded to 4.5.1.3868, message was a bit different but stil begun by "The Starburn burning engine could not be initialised". It's a screen of that error that i attached.

post-57563-0-92572700-1364407993_thumb.j

I tried manually registering the starburnx13.dll. I got the message saying it registered ok, but still same message when runing cdburnerxp.

Tried to manually register the starburn.dll but seems It didn't complete registration, and so the problem persist.

Saw on another post that might be a problem coming from the people developing starburn, that would fix it in a future update ?

If the source of the bug is not the program but my system, please let me know of a solution to fix this. I think I tried all i can on my side

I will unfortunately have to install another burning software, but to that day cdburnerxp was ok and worked perfectly well, so thanks for this great software, and please release soon a fix!

Does the portable version work? Did you try both the x64 and 32 bit version? This is not really a bug in CDBurnerXP, but rather a problem with your system setup. Maybe some security application is preventing the proper registration, though it should work without registration too.

My silly me, I took the 32bit version but I even didn't try the 64bit. I did now, and it worked perfectly as it always did.

Thanks for your help, back to burning with this great software !

Have a nice day!