Sign in to follow this  
maplegate992

Newest version not finishing data dvd correctly?

I have been using CDBurnerXP regularly for a year or more to make data dvd's. I updated to v4.5.1.3868 in Feb 2013.

Since the update, my impression is that the DVD is not being closed completely or correctly. I get no write errors, and the DVD verifies without reports errors.

But when I later read the DVD to retrieve files, the drive has to do alot of reading, apparently searching the DVD and building directories. The DVD's are readable with the same behavior on a different system.

It takes patience, but I can eventually get any file back off the DVD, but it leaves me concerned.

I am writing DVD+R discs, with "finalize" and "verify" selected. I am about 1/2 way through a spindle of DVD's, so it's not a change in blank disc supply. Hardware tests on the drive report no problems. This is a Windows 7 64-bit Dell system.

Is there possiblly an option which was changed by default in the new version which could have begun doing/not doing something differently?

I was having an issue with the latest version (.4003) as well, though I'm using CD-Rs.

Effectively, I burn MP3 data discs for playback in my vehicle, and my truck couldn't read either of the two discs I tried. Like your disc, my discs verified as being just fine.

I recall that .3868 gave me a few problematic discs as well, though only one I burned with it was a complete coaster.

Downgraded to 4.3.9.2809 and all is well (would have downgraded to 4.4, but one of those versions gave me problems and I can't remember which. Never had any issues with 4.3)

Had I wanted to spend enough discs playing around with various settings, I probably could have worked out the issue, but I kind of missed overburning anyway lol. I convinced myself I could be without it for a while, but I'd just rather not.

In your case, you probably need to use the ISO/Joliet file system instead of UDF. I don't think there is any issue with closing the discs.